GeoWoodstock VIII

COWWS

It’s official! COWWS (Cachers of Washington’s Wet Side) will be hosting GeoWoodstock VIII, Washington's first Mega-Event, on July 3rd, 2010.

What is GeoWoodstock?

GeoWoodstock is an annual get-together of geocachers from all over the world. Over the last 7 years, it has grown into the world's largest geocaching-related event!

The COWWS will be presenting GeoWoodstock VIII on July 3rd, 2010 in Carnation, Washington at Remlinger Farms http://www.remlingerfarms.com It’s a picturesque location with plenty of room for vendors and activities.

Typically, GeoWoodstock has been held over Memorial weekend, but this year we opted for the 4th of July weekend. The main factor in making this decision was weather. Summer in the Pacific Northwest is a beautiful and glorious experience not to be missed! We also realize that a lot of geocachers will want to make the trek to the USA's last remaining Project A.P.E. cache (gotta get that elusive icon, right?) In May, that can sometimes still be a snow shoe hike. Unfortunately, the tunnel to the cache has been closed indefinitely, so it will require a hike around. We figure a nice summer hike is preferable to a possible winter-like hike.

Of course, we will be needing help presenting the best GeoWoodstock we possibly can and we'll be asking people to volunteer their time and talents. In the mean time, keep an eye on the cache page at http://coord.info/gc1qm7k for updated info!

If I can just poke my nose in here of a second,

I want to say Congratulations to the COWWS and the rest of the Washington Area Geocachers for landing Geowoodstock in 2010. I look forward to revisiting your state for the event, and most of all, I look forward to meeting some more of the wonderful cachers from the area. This is going to be a very long 14 months :laughing:

Chris-Team Shydog

Oooo! I move to an area and a mega drops into my lap! Nice! :P Don't have to fly for this one.

So how about a "365 days and counting..." event July 3rd, this year!?! :blink:

I know!!! Isn't that cool!

I'm in (ya'll know that already) for any gruntwork you need, but I WON'T scrub porta potties....eww. I've been to Remlinger for corporate picnics & IT IS AWESOME!!!

Hey Avroair, my better half won one of your geocoins at the Poker Tournament at GW7 - what a coincidence, huh?!!