Pocket Query Not Running

Jeep4two

I'm trying to setup a PQ for a trip this afternoon and I can't get the e-mail to send.

Usually when I build a query I just need to check the day of the week to run, and if I check the current day of the week it runs and is in my e-mail before I can even switch to the page.

I built a query about 2 hours ago and it's still not run (Shows NEVER in the PQ page).

I have Saturday checked, and the PQ results in 298 caches which I can preview.

Any ideas?

Received mine fine today. Perhaps your ISP is blocking them. Email is the least reliable means of spreading information on the internet. Too many rouge blockers out there holding ISP's up for a ransom. You are using a gmail or yahoo account to get your emails I hope. They are too big for these rogue blockers to mess with.

Received mine fine today. Perhaps your ISP is blocking them. Email is the least reliable means of spreading information on the internet. Too many rouge blockers out there holding ISP's up for a ransom. You are using a gmail or yahoo account to get your emails I hope. They are too big for these rogue blockers to mess with.

Note an e-mail issue (I run my own webserver - no spam filter/blocking enabled at all).

Stills hows on the PQ page as "NEVER" for last run.

Note an e-mail issue (I run my own webserver - no spam filter/blocking enabled at all).

Stills hows on the PQ page as "NEVER" for last run.

Weird, as I said it worked fine for me. Sorry it is not working for you.

Things might be getting slower as people on the west coast get up and start running things. Also remember that there's a big event in TN today that might be making a lot of last minute hits to the server.

If there's a real problem, I'm sure someone is monitoring the site.

Things might be getting slower as people on the west coast get up and start running things. Also remember that there's a big event in TN today that might be making a lot of last minute hits to the server.

If there's a real problem, I'm sure someone is monitoring the site.

I considered Geowoodstock as a potential issue as well. Odd that Frank's PQ ran in a jiffy for him.

I've tried to run 3 or 4 today with no luck. No GPX, no email, nothing. Just says "Never" as last time it ran. Second time this week this has happened. Very frustrating to not get PQ's since that what we pay for.

Well - I guess I'll pull the targeted set one at a time that I wanted to do and fall back to an old query for any others that I might decide to get while away.

It's only $30 for a premium membership, but I would expect that PQ's wouldn't have this as such a common problem considering PQ's are the main benefit for becoming a premium member.

I'd have to second any responses saying this is getting old. Although, it is hard for anyone to really know there is an issue if it is only affecting a small number of people. I know the PQ's are not working for me, but the Groundspeak guys see that is working for others and then it gets hard to explain.

I'd just like to get my PQ. And at this point, if it cost $10 or $20 more for the membership to pay for additional hardware to keep up or sys admin's to write better software I'd be up for that.

I just generated a PQ and received it in less than a minute. All is well with the system.

Not so. The manual PQ's are not even running for me on GC.com. They just set there and do nothing. This seems to be happening on an average of once a week and I am getting tried of paying for a feature I can not use.

This isn't the first time this has happened and Groundspeak always says there is nothing wrong with the PQ server. I know we only pay $30 for a premium membership, but if there is a problem and they are working on it, it would be nice to hear about it on the forums instead of denying there is a problem. Honesty is the best policy. I'd rather hear there's a problem than not and sit around waiting for a PQ to run for hours!

The event is fully underway. It's only if there were massive hits to the server early this morning preparing for it that it might be part of the problem...but it's possible.

More likely that it's a long weekend in the USA and everyone waited to the last minute to do their PQs.

Edit to add: I see that Keystone is in the house and I'm sure he's notified someone from the Lilypad about the problems (in addition to the email I sent earlier). I'm sure someone will get to it as soon as possible.

Edited by Allanon

Not working for me either.

There's still the annoying but non-critical issue with the "Add to queue" button not greying out, and now this.

It doesn't seem to me that Groundspeak is doing too much fpr their $30, as PQ is a PM-only feature :(

-nik

One of the PQ Generator instances failed and had to be restarted. All outstanding PQs are being generated now.

:( Elias

Thanks for stepping up and letting us know about the problem and that it was being looked into and resolved. Honesty is the best policy!!

FWIW:

There was another thread that suggested that users may need to sign the agreement (http://www.geocaching.com/waypoints/agreement.aspx) but I had already done that as verified by visiting http://www.geocaching.com/waypoints/

Today - query ran fine so I guess it was a problem with their servers that finally got resolved. I hope they put some better monitoring in place to help support the users of PQs

Not working for me either.

There's still the annoying but non-critical issue with the "Add to queue" button not greying out, and now this.

It doesn't seem to me that Groundspeak is doing too much fpr their $30, as PQ is a PM-only feature :(

-nik

FWIW....I wouldn't assume, however, that your $30 is only going to premium services....I'm pretty sure it's not.