No Pocket Query Emails

C-Ker1

I'm beginning to think that this is NOT a PQ error... I have intermittently been receiving emails from PQ's but today I noticed that I have only gotten some of my email notifications for people finding MY caches... maybe the email server is the culprit? Just thought I'd pass along info from my side... all of my emails from other sources deliver fine... and I do get emails from GS, just not all of them and not in order either... I got the results from one of my PQ's today that I ran last Friday.... but have received others that I ran yesterday... curious...

peace!

bripod

bripod, your post sounds like the classic symptoms of throttling. Who is your e-mail provider and ISP?

AT&T 6M service... some large PQ's come thru fine... a small one waited a week before delivery... go figure...

and to not get 4 notifications about peep's finding my caches.... not sure what's going on but it is frustrating... just wanna figure it out... I need my caches! lol :ph34r:

Edited by bripod

Hmmmm, I do not recall Groundspeak identifying AT&T as a throttler (but I could be wrong).

Here is something you might try: Send Groundspeak customer service an e-mail, forwarding an e-mail that arrived a week late. Be sure to include the full headers. Ask them to research the message on their end. Often, Groundspeak is able to state that the message was queued by your provider or flat out refused until it went through on the 214th retry. Armed with that information, you can go complain to your ISP. It's amazing what some ISP's will do to throttle mail that we DO want, yet so much true spam has no problems getting through.

Interesting that there are NUMEROUS posts today concerning the same situation... would make me believe that GS's mail server is in need of an upgrade... maybe we'll get this figured out shortly... thanks for your suggestions...

peace

During the past week we submitted several pocket queries which were returned within a few mintues.

This morning we submitted two PQs at about 4:22 am PST. We received responses at about 7:22 am PST.

These were plain vanilla, run-of-the-mill PQs. One had 99 caches and the other had 100 caches. We were hoping to have them to download into GSAK before going out this morning.

We resorted to using the Preview and downloading from the Preview. This work-around worked and our caching trip was not postponed.

We really didn't expect to have to use a work-around, though.

Thanks.

During the past week we submitted several pocket queries which were returned within a few mintues.

This morning we submitted two PQs at about 4:22 am PST. We received responses at about 7:22 am PST.

These were plain vanilla, run-of-the-mill PQs. One had 99 caches and the other had 100 caches. We were hoping to have them to download into GSAK before going out this morning.

We resorted to using the Preview and downloading from the Preview. This work-around worked and our caching trip was not postponed.

We really didn't expect to have to use a work-around, though.

Thanks.

Just curious but how do you download from the preview? Sounds like a good work-around if it does work.

A few mins ago GS dumped what looked like a 2wk backlog of emails on me... PQ results, Watch Lists, personal emails... all came thru in a matter of a few mins... maybe things are back to norm! Thanks to all who have worked on this issue!

peace

Just curious but how do you download from the preview? Sounds like a good work-around if it does work.

Downloading waypoints from Preview.

After submitting a Pocket Query:

Go to My Profile, click on Build Pocket Queries.

Find the Pocket Query that you want to use in the list of your PQs.

The second column, named Preview has two icons. Click the first icon.

Your list of caches will open.

Scroll down and find the button named Check All at the bottom right.

Click Check All.

Under Check All you will see a button named Download Waypoints.

Click that button.

When you click Download Waypoints, the caches on that page of the preview will appear in GSAK. Continue on, page by page, until you have downloaded all of your waypoints in the PQ Preview. This requires repeated steps for each page. If you have 500 waypoints in your PQ, you will have to do this about 25 times to get them all. It takes us about 5 minutes to get 500 waypoints using the Preview pages.

At least this way we have our data to put into the GPSr with GSAK.

Hope this is helpful.

A few mins ago GS dumped what looked like a 2wk backlog of emails on me... PQ results, Watch Lists, personal emails... all came thru in a matter of a few mins... maybe things are back to norm! Thanks to all who have worked on this issue!

This is a known Bellsouth issue. They've been heavily throttling our mail for almost a year. Because we have a lot of Bellsouth customers, I had the server force requeue all the Bellsouth email every day rather than delete it after a few days.

So this is good news, Bellsouth must have removed the throttling which is why you received all your old email.

:D Elias

I haven't received the pocket queries I have asked for about two hours. They are not generated. It worked earlier today for one. But then I had an error message (timeout expired) when trying to create new PQ. I no longer have this error message and have been able to create new queries but PQ don't come in my mailbox. I have tried new and old PQ, changed my e-mail address... nothing. Not fun when leaving for a long weekend within hours...

Does anyone else have this problem?

I haven't received the pocket queries I have asked for about two hours. They are not generated. It worked earlier today for one. But then I had an error message (timeout expired) when trying to create new PQ. I no longer have this error message and have been able to create new queries but PQ don't come in my mailbox. I have tried new and old PQ, changed my e-mail address... nothing. Not fun when leaving for a long weekend within hours...

Does anyone else have this problem?

I have this problem off and on. Eventually, they seem to come through. If you want, you can grab the loc files from the list on the pocket query. Click the mark all, and then download them, or add them to your gps if you can do that. I found, however, that it would only let me mark 1 page at a time, so I had to transfer in batches of 20. Hope that helps.

I'm having a problem with my "My Finds" pocket query. I submitted it last night, and it said it generated right away. However it's now 8+ hours later and it hasn't arrived. ;) I do receive all my other gc.com emails, just not the occasional PQ. For my other PQ's I've started to redirect them to my yahoo.ca email if it doesn't work to my main email addy. However, we don't have that option on the "My Finds" query. (btw, that would be nice to have). ;)

Any idea if there's a current problem, or is it just me?

email: dcarrier at autobahn.mb.ca

isp: www.autobahn.mb.ca