HOT DEAL: Garmin Venture HC refurb $69.95

Ok, the forum is acting up. =\

Here is the link to the GPS:

http://www.adorama.com/GPGETVEHCR.html

thanks for the link nice price and free shipping if not in a big hurry , let you know how it works sometime next week. and thanks again :(

I received mine a few days ago, it's literally brand new. It looks like either these were returned items or Garmin decided to put a new case for all their refurbs. I still have the plastic screen protector on it. It works great!

andy

The 3 Day UPS is just the shipping method. Processing is always the same. 7-9 Days means ground shipping, but I think they just try to give you the impression that your order will take longer to process out of the warehouse, but I received my tracking number the very next day.

I just ordered one of these refurbs today. Had been looking at them new for $170 so $70 for an "as new" refurb sounds pretty good. I hope all who have ordered these will continue to post on them after we receive them and begin using them.

I did a 6 mile hike using this GPS to find two caches but didn't find them. Compared to my original Garmin Legend, the Venture HC is really responsive. I installed TOPO 2008 onto it but the arrow doesn't really line up against the streets, I think this is a software issue and not an issue with the device. I exported my tracks onto google earth and it was dead on.

fullhike.jpg

I just ordered one of these refurbs today. Had been looking at them new for $170 so $70 for an "as new" refurb sounds pretty good. I hope all who have ordered these will continue to post on them after we receive them and begin using them.

I did a 6 mile hike using this GPS to find two caches but didn't find them. Compared to my original Garmin Legend, the Venture HC is really responsive. I installed TOPO 2008 onto it but the arrow doesn't really line up against the streets, I think this is a software issue and not an issue with the device. I exported my tracks onto google earth and it was dead on.

fullhike.jpg

Nice Gearth.What's the best software for this devise?

Ok, the forum is acting up. =\

Here is the link to the GPS:

http://www.adorama.com/GPGETVEHCR.html

thanks for the link nice price and free shipping if not in a big hurry , let you know how it works sometime next week. and thanks again :ph34r:

Just recieved it today , looks brand new still with screen protector and has USB cable and software as well not a mark on it .. now to get out and try it ..

Nice Gearth.What's the best software for this devise?

I just download the tracks from mapsource. Then I saved it as a GPX file, then i just opened the file in google earth. I don't know if there are better software to do all of these. Would welcome any tips.

Thanks! I just got back into Geocaching, now with my kids. My old Garmins aren't working III+ & V) I wanted something simple and cheap for them, and this fit the bill nicely. Of course they each want their own, but that's not happening. I was really surprised that the "Send to GPS" works with this, I thought it would only be the more advance models! Got a PN-40 for myself though. :-)

I ordered 1. I was not give the opportunity for free shipping, only the $39.95 insured mail. Sorry, but that is a deal breaker if shipping is over 50% of the cost of the unit. Bad business in my opinion

They sold out.It says item not avalible anymore.Glad I bought mine in time =).

Mine came in today and it works great. Looks brand new. Loaded it up with 498 traditional caches that are W, E, S, SE & SW (N is too urban) from me and it sits read to go. Will let my kids use this one while I use the 60csx.

Glad I pulled the trigger before than ran out.

The GEOjr seems to be the best next cheap deal available.

Apparently I didn't kill the deal. I received my Venture today - 2 day shipping. Found 5 caches out here in No Man's Land after I loaded up the 278 caches and virtual caches listed on geocaching and Waymarking within 100 miles of me.

I must say, for $70 and $40 shipping, it is a pretty cool toy!

Let me tell you. I found my first real cache today. I loaded a free topo map for the area we were in and it helped me find the cache! The topo has 14' lines and I was on top of it - 3 feet above the cache on a rock. Went around and found a well hidden can. It was so much fun! I am going to keep watching Adorama for another deal to get a Venture for my wife!

Closing this thread per the forum guidelines posted above in the pinned thread:

This forum is intended only for personal selling or giving away of geocaching related items. No company or business postings/advertising are allowed. Charity solicitations are also not acceptable. Groundspeak reserves the right to determine if an item for sale is inappropriate for this board and may moderate users and/or remove the posts in our discretion.

While the OP may not be profiting from this post, it's still commercial in nature.