Weekly notifier options in GWN email

Michel Kraaij

A small note. The following text is displayed in the "Groundspeak Weekly Notification" email:

This is an automated message from Groundspeak sent to "<username>"; Please do not reply to this message. If you do not wish to receive these messages, please log into geocaching.com and edit your profile ("My Account -> Edit My Profile") by deselecting the "Send me a weekly emailer of new caches in my area." option.

However, now that there is a new "View My Account Details" option under "My Profile > Account Options", the text is slightly incorrect. It took me a while to find the options :laughing: Maybe it's a good idea to modify the text?

Another amendment to the previous posting:

And when you are modifying the text, Could it be possible to introduce an option whether you want to receive all notes for Events etc. or only new caches in your neighbourhood? I am not interested in Events, only when they are within appr. 50km from my home coordinates and now I have to scroll down on an enormous long e-mail before I find the information I really appreciate...

I personally think this would be very much appreciated by many cachers, maybe another premium feature?

Thanks Michel, that's a good find. I'll write it up.

Team Helmpies, I'm afraid that is a whole lot of effort for something that is easily ignored by most people. Think about how much customization would be required to personalize the mailer.

Unless there were an overwhelming amount of support from other cachers, I'm afraid this isn't likely to be changed.

I second Team Helmpies' request. However I think it does not need to be made customizable. Just limit the radius for events to something reasonable like 50 km. Currently I receive a list >70 events which are hours away from me. Most are 150 km - 250 km. I usually don't care for events which are that far away and I think most people do not. If it is a big event news about it will spread in other ways. No one will click through 70 events that are far away. So please think about limiting the area from where events are displayed.

Thanks!

Tim