Recommended caches in Allentown, PA area.

spongebob218

I will be in Allentown the week after next and will have the evenings hopefully free to do some caching. This will be first chance I've had in a long time to do some caching and would like to do some really good ones. I saw that there a lot in the area but don't have time to do them all. Scenic views and off the beaten path are plusses. Thanks in advance.

Bob

Edited by spongebob218

I was recently caching in the Allentown area and found a set of caches in a very nice, large park in the town. This very much fits the bill for what you've described. I think you'll have a good time with An Angel Among Us and the other caches in this park.

I will be in Allentown the week after next and will have the evenings hopefully free to do some caching. This will be first chance I've had in a long time to do some caching and would like to do some really good ones. I saw that there a lot in the area but don't have time to do them all. Scenic views and off the beaten path are plusses. Thanks in advance.

Bob

Edited by captainmath

I live in Allentown, so if you have questions about the area, shoot me a message. :(

If you're looking for a nice multi and have a friend to go with, check out GC1CBKP - Finding My Way... South Mountain

Lehigh Parkway (just north of Allentown Queen City Airport) has a nine nice caches where you can walk from one to the next and make an afternoon of it. (GC10FP0 on the Western side of the park and GCHV8H on the Eastern side.)

Jordan Parkway also has quite a few that if you plan it right you can walk from one to the next. There are two parking lots near GC1EZXP if you want to hit up that area.

I haven't attempted them yet, but if you're looking for some challenges, check out the caches in the Hokendauqua area by linuxxpert. GC17VAR - CONQUER YOUR FEARS is a good example. They look simply awesome.

Hope this helps.