Lowrance H2OC problems

I have a Lowrance H2OC and when I put it away it worked fine. Now I went to get it out to do some geocaching with the kids and it sees the satellites but it won't lock on them to be able to use it. I have tried initializing the gps and doing the automatic gps search to no avail. Anyone have any ideas to help me get back on track and do some more geocaching? Thanks in advance.

If you haven't used it in a long time,, turn it on, take it outside and put it somewhere that has a clear view of the sky for about an hour. That will allow it's internal almanac to get refreshed.

Make sure it has FRESH batteries in it!

After that it should work fine, let us know if it doesn't

Yeah I had done that actually for about 4 hours totally clear sky, plugged into a jump starter pack so I knew it had plenty of power. Nothing happened. It will get the satellites found and get a somewhat high level on them (most of the time about 5 or 6) but it never locks onto them to set the time and such. I have looked in the settings and stuff and I don't see anything wrong there. I hadn't used it for winter is all, used it last fall and just got it out a couple weeks ago and it didn't work.

If you haven't used it in a long time,, turn it on, take it outside and put it somewhere that has a clear view of the sky for about an hour. That will allow it's internal almanac to get refreshed.

Yeah I had done that actually for about 4 hours totally clear sky, plugged into a jump starter pack so I knew it had plenty of power. Nothing happened. It will get the satellites found and get a somewhat high level on them (most of the time about 5 or 6) but it never locks onto them to set the time and such. I have looked in the settings and stuff and I don't see anything wrong there. I hadn't used it for winter is all, used it last fall and just got it out a couple weeks ago and it didn't work.

Soft Reset (Does not delete GPS Data)

IFinder H2O C Reset 1. Turn unit OFF

2. Press and hold the PAGES key

3. Press and hold the PWR key

4. Release both buttons when the USA map appears

Hard Reset (Deletes stored GPS Data such as Waypoints and trails)

IFinder H2O C Reset 1. Turn unit OFF

2. Press and hold the ZIN&ZOUT Keys atthe same time

3. Press and hold the PWR key

4. A tone will sound

5. When tone is sounding, release buttonsand immediately press and hold the FIND key.

6. While pressing FIND, a higher tone will sound

7. The unit will reset. Turn unit OFF and back ON.

Good luck

I love my H20C

Great info sodajerk :laughing: Also, if there is a memory card installed in the unit try removing it during these tests. Sometimes there have been problems when a SD card gets corrupted, the unit starts behaving wonky.

Re-install the card after current issues get cleared up.

I tried the soft reset with no success. Currently I am letting the unit sit outside with a clear view of the sky to as advised by a member here. My unit shows the cursor with a flashing question mark on top of it. The cursor does not move when the unit is in motion. I tried to call Lowrance, which they responded to saying they were looking into the problem, but have not heard from them since. Any help here would be appreciated.

thanks