A reviewer from Slovenia

Team Veverca

Hy

Could anyone tell me how long does it take for a reviewer to review a cache that was hidden in Slovenia.

The site says 72 hours but that time has passed.

Could it be the fact that my cache is a sort of a multi stage puzzle cache and the reviewer needs some time or is there something wrong? I wasn't sure if i'd set the cache type multi or puzzle (because there are more that 2 caches that makes it a multi) but the caches don't have the coordinates but a simple series of hints. I was told (well it wrote on the site) that since i marked the cache as multi and haven't provided an aditional waypoint that it will take some time to review the cache. Could this be the problem?

The cache is GC1REWP.

Thanks for your help

Hy

Could anyone tell me how long does it take for a reviewer to review a cache that was hidden in Slovenia.

The site says 72 hours but that time has passed.

Could it be the fact that my cache is a sort of a multi stage puzzle cache and the reviewer needs some time or is there something wrong? I wasn't sure if i'd set the cache type multi or puzzle (because there are more that 2 caches that makes it a multi) but the caches don't have the coordinates but a simple series of hints. I was told (well it wrote on the site) that since i marked the cache as multi and haven't provided an aditional waypoint that it will take some time to review the cache. Could this be the problem?

The cache is GC1REWP.

Thanks for your help

Mere mortals can not see unpublished caches. But some areas are reviewer challenged and it might take a while. Add in perhaps they are on holiday or some life event intervened and it might take a bit longer. Generally the reviewers want the waypoints to a multi, but you can set the co-ordinates as hidden then only the reviewer can see them. Perhaps one of the reviewer/mods will chime in and give more info.

Jim

Hello,

The reviewer group in Europe is growing steadily as geocaching catches on in more places. (Which is GREAT!) I am sure that one of the reviewers will get back to you soon.

I checked for you, and your cache is properly awaiting review. You checked the right boxes and pressed the right buttons.

I saw your note, which begins with the words "This cache doesn't require a GPS device..." That statement raises issues under our listing guidelines. If I was your reviewer and I was busy, seeing that phrase might make me say "uh oh, I will come back to this one later after I get some other caches published."

Thank you very much for your patience in the meantime.

Edited by Keystone

I saw your note, which begins with the words "This cache doesn't require a GPS device..." That statement raises issues under our listing guidelines. If I was your reviewer and I was busy, seeing that phrase might make me say "uh oh, I will come back to this one later after I get some other caches published."

Yes this is my first cache and I wanted to be special so this one is really simple and doesn't need a GPS. Next caches will be true multi and traditional caches with waypoints but my current GPS is not to be trusted with making waypoints so this is like a training cache until i buy a new one (in a week). :anibad:

I don't have a problem with waiting a little i just needed to know if i made a mistake somewhere or something so it's not a big issue. It will be published when it will be published.

Thanks for the heads up Keystone.

Yes this is my first cache and I wanted to be special so this one is really simple and doesn't need a GPS. Next caches will be true multi and traditional caches with waypoints but my current GPS is not to be trusted with making waypoints so this is like a training cache until i buy a new one (in a week). :anibad:

I don't have a problem with waiting a little i just needed to know if i made a mistake somewhere or something so it's not a big issue. It will be published when it will be published.

Thanks for the heads up Keystone.

Sounds like you hid something more like a letterbox (not be confused with a letterbox-hybrid geocache). It's really not a geocache unless the GPS is going to be used.

Sounds like you hid something more like a letterbox (not be confused with a letterbox-hybrid geocache). It's really not a geocache unless the GPS is going to be used.

Do the coordinates to the parking lot count? :anibad:

Seriously... I have made a cache similar to this one (GC1NEGH) and that's why i used the same cache type.

Edited by bpivk

Hy

I'm bumping this thread because it's been a week now and my cache still isn't reviewed. And I think that I'm not the only one that put up a cache so I guess something happened to all our reviewers or our one and only reviewer got ill or something.

Does anyone know of any reviewers here or can anyone tell me what to do in this case or do we just have to wait and hope that he comes back.

Sorry for being so impatient but I'd really like to get some notes about this cache so I can set some more.

I see that your cache has not been modified to require GPS use. :(

Still, you deserve official word from your reviewer about this. We try to provide an initial answer within 72 hours, but sometimes life gets in the way. Please see the article in the Groundspeak Knowledgebase entitled Publication of Caches for a discussion of this. If it's been a week of waiting, that's when the article recommends writing to Groundspeak. The full time Lackeys who coordinate the volunteer group can then find out if there's a problem with your local reviewer, and can arrange for backup help.

I am sorry about the delay, and I thank you for your continued patience.

I see that your cache has not been modified to require GPS use. :(

Well I've been thinking a little and I could make a single cache out of it and remove the other two so maybe I'll make a traditional cache when I get home if it's still not published and I'll report it then.

Thanks for your answer

Edit: I talked with my other team member (aka Big Boss, aka my girlfriend) :ph34r:

She agrees that we should make a traditional cache and put a multi somewhere else so I disabled the cache and I'll rewrite the waypoints and description. The cache will be enabled on Wednesday.

Edited by Team Veverca

The cache is GC1REWP.

HI,

thanks to Ri Viouveur to pinting me to this tread.

I tried to reply before, something happened with server.

So once more again - I posted reviewer note to this cache. Slovenia is my territory to review. This cache is now disabled = inactive. I am sure I checked slovenian queue. May be I skip over this cache, I remember your comment about not using GPS. Later this cache disappeared from my queue and I had no possibility to write reviewer note. Please, do not hesitate to contact me via my profile in future. It can speed up response. We have busy season. I hope I will do my best.

With regards form Slovakia,

Igi

Same problem is in Poland

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=220088

Sometimes we have to wait for publishing more than one week.

Yes, it is true. Poland is also my territory with my czech colleagues. We had big overload in czech queue and Poland was on lower priority. We have solved this problem with new staff and now I hope things will go better. There is no problem to publish cache in Poland for me very quickly if everything is OK. My problem in Poland is that people use opencaching and very often bury caches and post photos with shovel (probably it is allowed there). I have to communicate and explain and so on. It takes time. Do not hesitate to contact me via profile in such case, it can help. I hope it will go better way.

The cache is GC1REWP.

HI,

thanks to Ri Viouveur to pinting me to this tread.

I tried to reply before, something happened with server.

So once more again - I posted reviewer note to this cache. Slovenia is my territory to review. This cache is now disabled = inactive. I am sure I checked slovenian queue. May be I skip over this cache, I remember your comment about not using GPS. Later this cache disappeared from my queue and I had no possibility to write reviewer note. Please, do not hesitate to contact me via my profile in future. It can speed up response. We have busy season. I hope I will do my best.

With regards form Slovakia,

Igi

Thanks Igi.

I will change the cache and that's why it has been removed (it was removed yesterday at about midnight). I'll make a traditional cache out of it so i need to change the contents of the cache (welcome note) and add the coordinates to it and change the description. I'll edit this tomorrow when I'm there and I'll contact you then. I would do this sooner but i don't know hot to check for local reviewers so the forum was my best option.

Edited by Team Veverca