What cities in the running for GeoWoodstock 8 (2010)?

GWS II and GWS VII were both in Middle TN. One could hardly confuse Bell Buckle with Nashville, but there's prior art for it being in the same area...if you're zoomed out far enough.

Don't stop believing. Then again, it might be closer to you in a few days than it'll ever be again....

W4C, last year they announced 2009's location during the event on Saturday. Perhaps they'll do that this year.

I would love to see GW come to the Northeast/New England. Last year I talked with the person in charge about hosting it within an hour of NYC but couldn't get enough interest to make anything happen.

There may be more interest now, so if anyone is interested in bidding on it, let me know.

The location of GeoWoodstock VIII will be announced on the Main Stage @ GWVII on Saturday around 5:30 PM.

How long before someone can post it here for those of us who really wanted to be at GW7 but couldn't go.

Probably Saturday at around 5:31 pm. :anibad:

The location of GeoWoodstock VIII will be announced on the Main Stage @ GWVII on Saturday around 5:30 PM.

How long before someone can post it here for those of us who really wanted to be at GW7 but couldn't go.

Probably Saturday at around 5:31 pm (Central Daylight Time). :anibad:

How is the location decided on? Do the attendees of GWS get to vote or something?

There is a committee consisting of event chairs from the previous GeoWoodstocks.
So SOMEONE already knows. I've heard the head chimp at GWVII is vulnerable to liquid bribes...

How about Seattle, Washington??

NOT IT!

:ph34r:

Too close to home. I want to get a little bit of a vacation out of it, not just drive over and back the same day.

Well you don't have to drive, just walk to Remlinger Farms.

lol, that's too funny :P

Funny, but true, :( It's about a 5 minute walk. We will definitely be there. So no vacation trip to get there this time.

This is a great location for the event. The fourth of July is a big celebration in Carnation. Stick around for the Fourth of July parade and fireworks.There's usually a carnival in town as well.

Funny, but true, :ph34r: It's about a 5 minute walk. We will definitely be there. So no vacation trip to get there this time.

This is a great location for the event. The fourth of July is a big celebration in Carnation. Stick around for the Fourth of July parade and fireworks.There's usually a carnival in town as well.

In other words, make your hotel reservations NOW, yes?

Funny, but true, :ph34r: It's about a 5 minute walk.

So, can I park in your driveway? :o

Funny, but true, :) It's about a 5 minute walk. We will definitely be there. So no vacation trip to get there this time.

My driveway is becoming popular :laughing: . You're not the first to ask. There is room for lots of parking at the site - they just have to move a few cows and horses out of the way :D

As far as hotel reservations - There aren't any hotels in town. There are plenty nearby in Redmond, Kirkland, Bellevue, Issaquah, etc. Our Fourth of July draws a large local crowd from in town and the surrounding areas - people who drive in for the day - so they don't have much impact on the hotels.

Funny, but true, :ph34r: It's about a 5 minute walk.

So, can I park in your driveway? :o

Funny, but true, :) It's about a 5 minute walk. We will definitely be there. So no vacation trip to get there this time.

My driveway is becoming popular :laughing: . You're not the first to ask. There is room for lots of parking at the site - they just have to move a few cows and horses out of the way :D

As far as hotel reservations - There aren't any hotels in town. There are plenty nearby in Redmond, Kirkland, Bellevue, Issaquah, etc. Our Fourth of July draws a large local crowd from in town and the surrounding areas - people who drive in for the day - so they don't have much impact on the hotels.

The COWWS will be looking into getting group rates at a couple of local hotels for you. Give us a little time to get our ducks...errr... cows in a row.