GARMIN gpsMAP 60 CSx - UNIT SOFTWARE V 3.90

For anyone out these that has one of these....

Beware of the Unit software update from 3.70 to 3.90.

Have been pulling my hair out over the last week with both unit and PC problems.

Web updater upgraded the unit software to ver 3.90.

After that, any time I went to do anything with a USB connection with Mapsource, the PC hung with the dreaded blue screen..Went back to old USB drivers etc and nothing worked. Even tried older versions of Mapsource etc....

The GPS itself then began to shut down everytime it did a recalculation while navigating...

Having looked around several forums it appears that downgrading to 3.70 cures the problems mentioned above. Looks like 3.90 has a few bugs...

Did this and all works fine....

Can't see any mention of this on the GARMIN site....???????

Anyone else have these problems???

I've upgraded my 60CSX with 3.9 when it first came out.

I have since then loaded the whole USA (City Navigator 2009) on mine with no problems.

I have geocached without a single problem...no hangups no blue screens...no slower lock-on's...nothing. The only thing is the "D" missing on the sattellite screen.

For anyone out these that has one of these....

Beware of the Unit software update from 3.70 to 3.90.

Have been pulling my hair out over the last week with both unit and PC problems.

Web updater upgraded the unit software to ver 3.90.

After that, any time I went to do anything with a USB connection with Mapsource, the PC hung with the dreaded blue screen..Went back to old USB drivers etc and nothing worked. Even tried older versions of Mapsource etc....

The GPS itself then began to shut down everytime it did a recalculation while navigating...

Having looked around several forums it appears that downgrading to 3.70 cures the problems mentioned above. Looks like 3.90 has a few bugs...

Did this and all works fine....

Can't see any mention of this on the GARMIN site....???????

Anyone else have these problems???

I updated from 3.70 to 3.90 to fix a "Fade To Off" problem. After the update; no problems at all.