Are Playground Caches Allowed?

What do readers of this forum think about this cache?

I have no valid opinion, because the cache page, (as well as your post), doesn't give me enough information.

Tell me about the hide, and I might be able to form a valid opinion about it. One thing I did notice was the owner created it as a small, with trade goods, where many would've made a micro. I give 'em kudos for that. You mentioned that it was easy, which means seekers won't have to spend countless hours grubbing around looking suspicious. More kudos. You mention it's on playground equipment. Is the park public or private? If public, does that area's parks system have a specific geocaching policy requiring explicit permission? What, exactly, was your concern with this hide? At a glance, it's one I'd likely ignore, since I don't happen to enjoy playground caches very much, but my biased aestetics should not be used as Groundspeak's litmus test.

In my opinion, this is an easy cache attached to playground equipment that should not have been approved. What do readers of this forum think about this cache?

I think by reading all the logs that everyone else who found it enjoyed & liked it. I didn't see any other complaints about the location of it. Someone even liked it enough to post a picture. I could understand if it was being questioned, or complained about by multiple cachers, but it doesn't appear to be that way.

I have found a few caches in playgrounds. They were very fun and clever, but I did feel a little creepy looking for them.

Some parents do get a little freaky when childless male adults are near their little darlings. I was confronted myself by a batty woman at a baseball game near the Catholic Church where I grew up and lived for 20 years. Maybe she thought I was a priest?

I was confronted myself by a batty woman at a baseball game...

A batty woman at a baseball game? That's funny.

I can see how people would get concerned with a single male getting a cache. We have a 9 year old that will grab most of the playground hides because people tend to ignore him.

As the OP to this thread, the cache I was referring to was a regular size lock and lock, hidden under a ramp to one of the pieces of equipment. We found it a couple days after it came out. It has since gone missing, about a month after it was placed.

...In my opinion, this is an easy cache attached to playground equipment that should not have been approved. What do readers of this forum think about this cache?

I think it's enough that the cache owner has obtained adequate permission for the cache. Until proven otherwise that's good enough. 2nd guessing caches isn't the best business to be in.

Soon, this may change from me because we are currently developing an item that will allow unlimited access to playgrounds without suspicions being raised.

Uh, cool! So, like you figured out how to get a cloaking device to work? When will it be marketed? This is GREAT news......

:(

Soon, this may change from me because we are currently developing an item that will allow unlimited access to playgrounds without suspicions being raised.

Uh, cool! So, like you figured out how to get a cloaking device to work? When will it be marketed? This is GREAT news......

It will have very limited availability in mid-November.

:D

Well they figured out how to something to work. :(

All going well I hope Sbell.

:lol:

We're at the halfway point and all is well.

Edited by sbell111

Glad to hear it.

I find myself anxiously awaiting those first pictures.

It will have very limited availability in mid-November.

Make sure you order up a new one before the 10 to 13 year effectiveness wares off. We are down to 1 out of the 3 we produced but it still has about 5 more years of concealability strength left.

Glad to hear it.

I find myself anxiously awaiting those first pictures.

First pic:

3446884749_6d0d7f4d05.jpg

Other, more recent videos and pictures exist, but I realize that no one else actually cares about this sort of thing.

Edited by sbell111