too easy?

I've only hidden 4 caches and I'd say 2 are very easy finds. One is harder but an experienced cacher would find fairly quickly. The latest cache hidden I felt was going to be hard to find. Yet people post logs saying it was a quick, easy find or very easy. How much time would one consider a quick easy find? Are we talking one or two minutes here or at least ten? I'm just wondering because I don't want to make it difficult to find, but I want to make it a little challenging for experienced cachers. Any suggestions for future caches? I did take the hint out of my last one. :(

I sometimes spend 30 minutes looking for caches rated at 1 or 1.5.

I sometimes find caches rated 3 or 4 within 10 minutes.

Sometimes dumb luck is involved. Might adjust rating at some point based on feedback but don't let a few comments change anything.

I agree with StarBrand. Sometimes you never know. One thing I can suggest to make things a little harder. Is don't mention what the cache container is. If I know what I'm looking for then I can zero in on the hiding spots, well most of the time.

I've only hidden 4 caches and I'd say 2 are very easy finds. One is harder but an experienced cacher would find fairly quickly. The latest cache hidden I felt was going to be hard to find. Yet people post logs saying it was a quick, easy find or very easy. How much time would one consider a quick easy find? Are we talking one or two minutes here or at least ten? I'm just wondering because I don't want to make it difficult to find, but I want to make it a little challenging for experienced cachers. Any suggestions for future caches? I did take the hint out of my last one. :(

I'm of the opinion your answer lies in the first sentence of your cache description:

"You can drive up to it."

Even if it takes 5 minutes to find, they still drove up to it. I think any drive-up cache is going to get such logs from the "quick find" crowd.

The latest cache hidden I felt was going to be hard to find. Yet people post logs saying it was a quick, easy find or very easy. How much time would one consider a quick easy find? Are we talking one or two minutes here or at least ten? I'm just wondering because I don't want to make it difficult to find, but I want to make it a little challenging for experienced cachers. Any suggestions for future caches? I did take the hint out of my last one. :(

This particular hide seems to be causing you a lot of angst.. all I can say is don't read too much into the logs. Some may find it easier than others. Some cachers have been known to use PAF networks the moment they arrive at a site and don't see the cache in the first place they look. Some play it for the numbers. Some play it for the thrill of the hunt. Some play it to get to interesting places they wouldn't otherwise go. Perhaps for some, bragging "easy find" on more challenging caches is what makes their day. You placed this cache for a subset of cachers. As long as you think they're enjoying it, that is all that matters.

One of the tougher hides in my area just got a "Quick find on the way home from work!" log last week. I spent 30 minutes trying to find it... :(

You could ask a local cacher or two you respect if they think it's a challenging hide or really easy after they hunt it. Just a thought.

I agree with previous posters. I have come to find in many peoples logs that the tend to "regurgitate" concepts and statements from your cache description name. So if you say it is easy and just a drive up in the descriptions .... people tend to repeat this. If you write that this m ay take you a long time ... you will get some of that.

One of the tougher hides in my area just got a "Quick find on the way home from work!" log last week. I spent 30 minutes trying to find it... :(

You could ask a local cacher or two you respect if they think it's a challenging hide or really easy after they hunt it. Just a thought.

Hey Wubb, I know the feeling! I spent 45 minutes one time....looking for a cache that was Camoflaged as....A BIG PILE OF STICKS!

Who would have figured!!!! :D:huh:B)

I think ANY cache out there is going to have someone writing, "quick find"

I think the definition of "quick" can be subject to interpretation.

same with "too easy" what is too easy?

I've got a cache that has a spoiler for a hint. says exactly where the cache is. It's in a forested area and I don't want the area trashed.

Is it too easy?

What I've gotten on the logs are a lot of people writing about their excitement of this being their first find.

I've gotten a number of people writing that this is the first find of a child and writing about the joy on the child's face when they have found my cache.

Too easy? Easy enough to bring joy to a child. That is a great cache to me. :o

Sometimes it's nice to have those quick and easy finds. Especially when you're on a long caching trip. I've been stumped by 1/1's! and then I go look for a Diff-4 and find it in seconds. It usually goes like that, you get on a hot streak and then there's some days where you can't find ANYTHING. It's all part of the fun.

I know a few cachers that always post "quick find" no matter how long it really took them.

Yeah, I'm starting to think this whole thing could be filed under the so-called "lost art of logging". I don't seem to remember any cachers who typed "quick easy find" for every single cache they found in 2003 when I started. :o

I'd consider anything that takes less than 5 minutes to be a quick find. But as others said, there is nothing wrong with a cache that is a quick find. I prefer them and I'd say 90 percent of my caches are quick finds once you get there. People still seem to like them.

Most of the time we spend more time looking for 1 and 1.5 then we do for 3 or 4. Not sure why. I did one last night that said hide was a 2 and I tromped threw the woods for nearly 1 hour before giving up.

I just hid one that I think is going to be a pine for whoever try's to find it.

We have walked up to one in our area and the owner said it only took you 20 minutes to find WOW. Most people it takes 3 or 4 try's to find it.