using my gpsr with my netbook

Okay... I'd like to dl pq's from my netbook, what do I need to dl so the gpsr will work? the whole file for the legend cx or just some small bit<G>. less is better of course. I know, I can do it one at a time but I'd like to use gsak and transfer a bunch at once. I tend to be computer illiterate about such things though I use the darn thing a lot.

Thanks

I'm guessing you have the smallish SSD drive instead of the more conventional hard drive.

Unless you have a bunch of music, videos or pictures eating up space, (or other large files) you should be able to install GSAK and download the files directly.

You will want to delete them after though. (Something I haven't, uh, mastered yet)

Right click on the "C" drive and click "properties" and it will show how much room is available.

I have been looking hard at the HP with the 16GB SSD and like it a lot, and have been figureing if I will have enough space. Even with Topo 7 or 8 I should be good.

PP4x4

I got it.. was dl waypoints straight from the cache page so needed that installer thing - and that did the trick. Now my netbook knows what the gps is and the next time I opened gsak I could transfer files from there!

Now to figure out gsak. I just do Not understand some of the terms. Sigh.

I have been looking hard at the HP with the 16GB SSD and like it a lot, and have been figureing if I will have enough space. Even with Topo 7 or 8 I should be good.

PP4x4

I have an Asus EeePC 901 netbook w/SSD. No problem installing DeLorme Street Atlas. Also have an 8gb SDHC card for additional storage.