Agritourism and Geocaching

In many rural areas agritourism is become a bit of a 'hot' catch phrase.

I can certainly see it as a way to help draw folks to an area based on thematic interests (think: Napa Valley wine country tours). It's not that it's something new but maybe that it's becoming more widespread especially into rural areas.

I was wondering if anyone is aware of anyone that has setup a series of caches that have an Agritourism theme for a particular region, industry, etc..

I'm interested in exploring a possible series for my area for two reasons. I'd like to see more caches here to help promote the hobby and also love to see it as a source to increase tourism of the area. I haven't placed any caches yet. This is one theme I'm fond of. The other centers around promoting a state park in my area. It has some nice trails (only about 6 miles or so total, in a fairly compact area) and they could benefit from more caches (only one exists in the entire park at this time).

What have you seen that might fit the agritourism theme in your area?

In many rural areas agritourism is become a bit of a 'hot' catch phrase.

I can certainly see it as a way to help draw folks to an area based on thematic interests (think: Napa Valley wine country tours). It's not that it's something new but maybe that it's becoming more widespread especially into rural areas.

I was wondering if anyone is aware of anyone that has setup a series of caches that have an Agritourism theme for a particular region, industry, etc..

I'm interested in exploring a possible series for my area for two reasons. I'd like to see more caches here to help promote the hobby and also love to see it as a source to increase tourism of the area. I haven't placed any caches yet. This is one theme I'm fond of. The other centers around promoting a state park in my area. It has some nice trails (only about 6 miles or so total, in a fairly compact area) and they could benefit from more caches (only one exists in the entire park at this time).

What have you seen that might fit the agritourism theme in your area?

There have been a bunch of caches published about 20 miles from me that are part of an "old farm roads" series that sort of fits the theme. Most of them are off of seasonal dirt roads then down old "roads" or state trails that are no longer navigable by car. They're all about .2-.7 miles from available parking and are nicely done.