Guess who lost their Cachemate on the PDA?

Neos2

Yep, team neos.

After solarwib was good enough to put it on the PDA for us after we got a new computer with 64-bit OS and discovered the cachemate was gone off the PDAs with no way to hotsynch...

We were able to send our GSAK files cachemate and then to the PDA via the SD card in Neos 1's Palm Zire 31

Until it lost battery power for days one end and lost the cachemate again.

And now I haven't the faintest idea how to get cachemate back on the PDA. Four days before our first GeoWoodstock.

I am soooooooooo (ooops better not say it!)...upset?

Just go download it again. Unlock it with your code.

You're not missing your PDA are you? While on vacation my wife left our palm down a .3 mile trek down a Jeep road. We were 50 WV miles from the cache when we found out. (50 WV miles = 100 regular miles. :) ) When we made it back the next day I just drove our car down the Jeep trail. Oh yeah- it was fun. I can't believe I didn't get stuck!

Needed the PDA to continue caching on vacation.

Good times.

64-bit Vista OS will not hotsync to the PDA....

I can send all the files I want to the PDA via the card, but they won't open, because the PDA doesn't have cachemate on it.

Well, shucks, just copy the cachemate.prc file to /palm/launcher on the SD card. If you want it on the handheld just use the copy function to copy it to the handheld. Don't forget the mathlib.prc. As they say down at Staples, "That was easy".

Jim

64-bit Vista OS will not hotsync to the PDA....

I can send all the files I want to the PDA via the card, but they won't open, because the PDA doesn't have cachemate on it.

Well, shucks, just copy the cachemate.prc file to /palm/launcher on the SD card. If you want it on the handheld just use the copy function to copy it to the handheld. Don't forget the mathlib.prc. As they say down at Staples, "That was easy".

Jim

I tried that, and it showed the file was empty --even after I completely re-downloaded.

Deermark called and offered his spare PDA (Thanks Deermark!) but Neos 1 had already tried adding Air Share to his iPod Touch...

and now we have all the caches in our GSAK file on his iPod Touch. That Air Share is a great program, and cheap, too.

Thanks to everyone for all the offers of help and advice. Geocachers really are the nicest people on the planet.