How do I Clear "Recent Finds" List? Oregon 400t

I'd like to completely clear the "recent finds" list once in a while on my Oregon 400t. Can't find that info on the wiki pages, the manual, or with searching the forums. Could someone enlighten me? 2.98 installed. Thanks.

Your finds are stored in a text file called "geocache_visits" in your Garmin folder on the unit. Plug into your computer, navigate to your Oregon, open the Garmin folder, open the file, delete all of the records, select 'file' then 'save' and you're done.

Edited by Triple Crown

What I'm looking to do is clear the list of recent points I've navigated to. For example, a POI or a waypoint. I do already clean up my recent finds for geocaching when I update my gueries.

I see, well one way is to go to setup, reset, restore defaults to factory settings, but this will create a lot of work for you if you've customized a lot of settings.

There's got to be a better way. My old Vista HCX had a clear recent finds option, and thought my Oregon should somewhere also. I really don't need to see all the POIs I've searched for and navigated to, or not. I like to not clutter up GPSr with stuff like that. Oh well, Maybe that will soon be an option in a future update. But if anyone has any ideas, I'm willing to hear them. Thanks.

There's got to be a better way. My old Vista HCX had a clear recent finds option, and thought my Oregon should somewhere also. I really don't need to see all the POIs I've searched for and navigated to, or not. I like to not clutter up GPSr with stuff like that. Oh well, Maybe that will soon be an option in a future update. But if anyone has any ideas, I'm willing to hear them. Thanks.

I am not sure if the Oregon 400t is the same

but

to delete waypoints in the Colorado 400t

WAYPOINT MANAGER > OPTIONS > DELETE WAYPOINTS

hope this is of some help to you

Master reset is the only way to clear the list -- admittedly a bit of a sledgehammer.

It is in the issue list on the wiki as missing feature -- but please call Garmin and let them know!

I understand. Thank you for the info and advice. I'll be calling Garmin to support the cause.

I am not sure if the Oregon 400t is the same

but

to delete waypoints in the Colorado 400t

WAYPOINT MANAGER > OPTIONS > DELETE WAYPOINTS

hope this is of some help to you

That process deletes waypoints. The OP is looking to clear the list of Recent Finds. Recent Finds is not actually waypoints stored in the unit but rather an historical record of places you have navigated to. They do not use up any of the waypoint limit etc. Just a nice feature that allows you to quickly find recent places.