Shared Bookmarks vs. Public Bookmarks

My wife finally decided to get an account of her own. We went out today on a little cache run and, to help her log her finds, I thought I'd share my bookmarks list for this outing.

For the life of me, I couldn't find how to find the "shared" list. In the end, I made the list "public", then sent her to my profile to use the public list to log her finds.

So, what's the deal with "shared" lists? How, exactly, do you share them? Couldn't find a link anywhere that would let me share the bookmarks list with anyone. Is it just a dead feature?

I, too, cannot find a way to access "shared" bookmark lists. I wonder, do you have to be "Friends" first to see your friends lists? Have you added your wife as a "Friend"?

I just went to a "Friends" profile and there was a tab for Bookmark Lists. Clicking that gave me a whole list of bookmark lists. I assume they are "shared".

So, try logging in as your wife and go to your profile. Look for the Bookmark Lists tab. It may require you two to be "Friends" (no comment needed here..... <chuckle>)

Edited by Cache O'Plenty

When you set up a bookmarked list, you have the option to check two boxes share and public

You can access that from the [edit] link to the right of the bookmarked list title.

Shared lists will show up on your profile, under the bookmarked lists tab, public lists will show up on the side of the cache pages themselves, as well as on your profile.

If you edit a list from NOT shared to shared, it may take a while for the update to be in effect (server lag, hungry or sleepy hamsters) .