Pocket Queries not coming to my email

Hobbit Taz

Im using Charter.com for my email

The pocket queries are ones Ive been runing for many months on a weekly bases and worked fine up until a week ago friday, then all stopped coming. They still show as run on the pocket query list and no change to any of them has occurred. I did get 2 friday and thought everything was working again. Im going on a trip this week and tried a new query and it didnt come through but shows as run.

I wanted to have Charter.com verify geocaching.com isnt being spam listed for the pocketqueries. Can someone tell me the exact email "From" address for pocket queries?

Funny thing is that Im still getting my notifications and owner messages.

Ive asked around the area and a few people tell me they arent having an issue but they use a different email service.

Thanks, that is what I thought (was a afraid of). Since the notifications come from there as well and are getting to me then its probably not a spam block. Oh well will keep trying to figure it out. If anyone has any ideas of how I can check with Geocaching.com to see if they are getting them returned and what error they may be getting from my provider?

:)

It's noreply @ geocaching.com (without the spaces, of course).

Hobbit Taz, it looks like you are sometimes entering two email addresses separated by semicolon in the "alternate email" field. That's not going to work. It may have worked previously but recently some internal changes have been made that will cause it to error. You could set up an email rule locally that would accomplish the same thing if you need the PQ to go to two accounts.

Is this the problem do you think?

Thanks, Ill look into that possibility, Ive had these set up for so long this way I would have never have thought of that being an issue. It would answer why I got the two on friday since those did not get set up that way.

I will give it a try with a new one ASAP.

When did they change this so it was a problem?

Hobbit Taz, it looks like you are sometimes entering two email addresses separated by semicolon in the "alternate email" field. That's not going to work. It may have worked previously but recently some internal changes have been made that will cause it to error. You could set up an email rule locally that would accomplish the same thing if you need the PQ to go to two accounts.

:):D:D

FYI, I modified the alternate email field on several and added one using just my Home email address and both worked!!! Thanks for the information. Its only a minor inconvenience to let my email do the forwarding. Im surprised that Geocaching didnt give people a warning message or something before making that sort of change. It could have taken some time before I stumbled onto that. I was about to email my service provider and start working on that end.

Thanks, Ill look into that possibility, Ive had these set up for so long this way I would have never have thought of that being an issue. It would answer why I got the two on friday since those did not get set up that way.

I will give it a try with a new one ASAP.

When did they change this so it was a problem?

:DB):huh:

FYI, I modified the alternate email field on several and added one using just my Home email address and both worked!!! Thanks for the information. Its only a minor inconvenience to let my email do the forwarding. Im surprised that Geocaching didnt give people a warning message or something before making that sort of change. It could have taken some time before I stumbled onto that. I was about to email my service provider and start working on that end.

That was never a supported feature and, in fact, was completely unknown to me. I would wager only very few people even knew it was possible to enter two addresses in that field.

Well, I'm happy we were able to figure out the problem. :(