Cache in Space

Hello everyone,

I just heard that the astronauts who are fixing the Hubble Space telescope

are fixing it for the last time. NASA stopped making parts for the Hubble

telescope and will focus their funds on a more advanced telescope.

If I was one of those astronauts I would put a nano or micro somewhere

on that telescope. Difficulty rating 5/5. It would be cool to look up in the sky

knowing that there is a FTF just orbiting up there for you to find.

So does anyone know of any nearly impossible caches that are out there

or of any astronauts who are cachers?

PS. With no atmosphere on the moon, the only threat to a cache would

be a meteor impact! :)

With the telescope in orbit, the coordinates would be moving - and very fast. So that wouldn't be allowed per the guidelines.

Why would it be a 5/5? A nano stuck to the side of the telescope sounds more like a 2/5 to me.

And the earth orbiting satellites wouldn't help you on the moon, you'd need to have a set of lunar orbiting GPS satellites in order to do any lunar caching.

I'm just sayin'... :)

Isn't the Space Station a virtual? I spotted it a few nights ago. How do I get my smiley?

Forgive my ignorance...are our friendly GPS sats in geostationary orbit? If so, would they be able to lock onto a cache that was also in geostationary...ie fixed over one spot on the earth? The future of caching awaits us...gotta put in my order for a pressure suit.

I'm not sure if he caches and just doesn't log, but this astronaut logs in regularly.

http://www.geocaching.com/profile/Default....72-2bd6414fd4b8

Wow, not a cache in space but he did leave a TB at the Space Station. And he placed another in an extreme cache he also placed on the sea floor. Will have to keep an eye on these to see if they get found/recovered.

That's Lord British of Ultima video game fame. He's not an astronaught as we might think of it, but he did take the Russian Soyuz spacecraft to the International Space Station according to this site (which was new to me until just now).