The WOW Factor!

Hi Folks,

My EarthCaching partner (Papafuz) and I just returned from a wonderful EC area. Some of you have mentioned that there were some "lame" ECs out there. Not here! There are over 45 ECs in a 15 mile radius and one right after another was great.

The area is the Grand Canyon of the East with a lot more caves, shelters, formations, tunnels, waterfalls, outcrops, etc. If you have never EarthCached here look at it. There is room for probably 100 more!

In closing I want to recognize and thank the EarthCachers who have developed the ECs. Papafuz and I are old coots and we came back worn out but my gosh, was it fun.

Those fellow ECers we are in debt to are (in alpha order) :

Ammosuperman

bgf

Bit

Cav Scout

Strike Anywhere

One last word, sometimes we can get on each other's nerves and that is just humans being human, but once in a while we need to stop and smell the roses or in this case, smell the sandstone! Thanks to everyone!

If you are interested, here is one EC to start with and Google the rest: GC1AT8V :)

P.S. I'll admit it, I don't like heights and a couple scared the ------out of me! Papafuz just gloated and remembered his US Army training of repelling and jumping out of perfectly good working order air planes!

Edited by Konnarock Kid & Marge

Hi Folks,

My EarthCaching partner (Papafuz) and I just returned from a wonderful EC area. Some of you have mentioned that there were some "lame" ECs out there. Not here! There are over 45 ECs in a 15 mile radius and one right after another was great.

The area is the Grand Canyon of the East with a lot more caves, shelters, formations, tunnels, waterfalls, outcrops, etc. If you have never EarthCached here look at it. There is room for probably 100 more!

In closing I want to recognize and thank the EarthCachers who have developed the ECs. Papafuz and I are old coots and we came back worn out but my gosh, was it fun.

Ammosuperman

bgf

Bit

Cav Scout

Strike Anywhere

One last word, sometimes we can get on each other's nerves and that is just humans being human, but once in a while we need to stop and smell the roses or in this case, smell the sandstone! Thanks to everyone!

If you are interested, here is one EC to start with and Google the rest: GC1AT8V B)

P.S. I'll admit it, I don't like heights and a couple scared the ------out of me! Papafuz just gloated and remembered his US Army training of repelling and jumping out of perfectly good working order air planes!

STOP making us overseas cachers JEALOUS! :)

Hi Folks,

Ammosuperman

bgf

Bit

Cav Scout

Strike Anywhere

If you are interested, here is one EC to start with and Google the rest: GC1AT8V :P

STOP making us overseas cachers JEALOUS! B)

I just finished reviewing every EC in Portugal. I'm the one who's jealous! :)

Hey folks,

Here are three more that have the WOW factor. My caching pard (Papafuz) and I went to the Blanton Forest which is just outside Harlan, KY. Worriedman has three ECs that are drop dead great. They are: Sand Cave of Blanton Forest (GC1PM18), The Maze (GC1PM10) and Knobby Rock (GC1PM10). The furthest is 1.36 miles from parking with an elevation change of 1000 feet.

While it about killed this old geezer and I am paying the price today (sore muscles/bones) they are wonderful. These are not for you drive by numbers people, if we have any, but they are worth the work. Just think, a maze, a very unusual outcrop and a cave/rock shelter all in one trip. It don't get any better than this! :D

This thread is what going and finding earthcaches is all about. Its not about being a scientist, a geologist, or professor. Its about going out and seeing something beautiful, something that will stop you in your tracks and have to you stare off into space for a few moments. Its about being without words for how you feel when you visit a geological formation.

To be honest, all I look at in a EC write up is the location and logging requirements. If I have to I will read through the description to find an answer.

Im in it for the adventure and seeing something I never seen before :):D:P . Thats what earthcaching is all about for me and the earthcaches I submit for all to find is about what you "see" first, and "learn" second.

Who else have nice EC experiences to share in this thread?

This thread is what going and finding earthcaches is all about. Its not about being a scientist, a geologist, or professor. Its about going out and seeing something beautiful, something that will stop you in your tracks and have to you stare off into space for a few moments. Its about being without words for how you feel when you visit a geological formation.

To be honest, all I look at in a EC write up is the location and logging requirements. If I have to I will read through the description to find an answer.

Im in it for the adventure and seeing something I never seen before :):PB) . Thats what earthcaching is all about for me and the earthcaches I submit for all to find is about what you "see" first, and "learn" second.

Who else have nice EC experiences to share in this thread?

I am the same kind of EarthCacher. While I love and have an deep appreciation for geology, I love nature more and what she has created no matter who describes it and how they describe it! Biological sciences, paleontology and geology all have there nomenclatures, but none of them created what we view out in nature!

CavScout - I find you saying you don't read through the description hilarious, since I just spent yesterday reading through all your descriptions for the caches I did in RRG.

And to answer the nice EarchCaching experiences question, yesterday I did my first set of ECs, all in RRG, so I figued here was a good place to post! My album for this trip is here: http://s62.photobucket.com/albums/h91/Sehm...ing%2010-20-09/ and I'll be working on answering questions and doing logs today. I'm just bouncing off the wall with enjoyment from this new activity.

We have visited a lot of the RRG ECs and your pics are great. Thanks for sharing.

CavScout - I find you saying you don't read through the description hilarious, since I just spent yesterday reading through all your descriptions for the caches I did in RRG.

And to answer the nice EarchCaching experiences question, yesterday I did my first set of ECs, all in RRG, so I figued here was a good place to post! My album for this trip is here: http://s62.photobucket.com/albums/h91/Sehm...ing%2010-20-09/ and I'll be working on answering questions and doing logs today. I'm just bouncing off the wall with enjoyment from this new activity.