Unexpected Expenses

I was enjoying a great days caching yesterday, with an early morning Dartmoor hike and then an afternoon caching in Torquay. One more quick cache to end a great day I thought. Thirty minute on a car park ticket and a quick dash to

The beach manager Quaywest

A bit of a search turned up nothing - oh never mind I thought as I strolled into the beach front pub and ordered a pint to quench a caching generated thirst. Forty minutes later I returned to the car to find a FIFTY pound parking fine!

I open the bidding at a fifty pound fine for a DNF B) .

How much has a cache cost you?

NB. Only include failed marriages if you can identify the cache which broke the camels back and dare to declare how much the divorce has cost you! :)

I seem to have got off rather lightly... My car was broken into once whilst I was caching - one of the rear passenger windows was smashed but nothing was taken. It was covered by the insurance, but there was an £80 excess. So I got a window from a scrapyard and fitted it myself - £20 for the window, and £5 or so in petrol as I couldn't find one at any of the scrapyards near me. So just £25 or so in total. But the worst bit was continuing to find bits of glass in the car for years afterward...!

I can think of two caching trips that cost more than bargined for:

1. Got caught by a mobile speed camera going to GCJF0D and the nearby trig on the way to visit some relatives. So £60, 3 points and we only had time for the trig as we were running late! However, as a bonus we was able to log this cache GC38D4.

2. The other was after a nice stroll around Leigh Side Woods on returning to the car some git had smashed the rear window and pinched the mount for my PDA/GPS - so £50 insurance excess and the cost of a new mount from MIO.

I was enjoying a great days caching yesterday, with an early morning Dartmoor hike and then an afternoon caching in Torquay. One more quick cache to end a great day I thought. Thirty minute on a car park ticket and a quick dash to

The beach manager Quaywest

A bit of a search turned up nothing - oh never mind I thought as I strolled into the beach front pub and ordered a pint to quench a caching generated thirst. Forty minutes later I returned to the car to find a FIFTY pound parking fine!

I open the bidding at a fifty pound fine for a DNF B) .

How much has a cache cost you?

NB. Only include failed marriages if you can identify the cache which broke the camels back and dare to declare how much the divorce has cost you! :)

I don't suppose the cost of a bike to get around more quickly than on foot counts?

Groundedf landrover on byway -> repairs and replacements for underside -> over £1000

Smashed window+stolen Mio -> Several hundred

Cow ran at me in the road at night and I couldn't stop in time -> over £1000

If only I was an MP, I'd put it all on expenses.