Cache ID# as an Acronym...

I know the Cache ID # is assigned and we don't choose it. But I've figured by looking through the dictionary, you can form acronyms of anything.

a recent one I got, is a 'liars Cache' and given the number GC1R5MA By looking through the dictionary I came up with:

Really

5trange

Monster

Advisory,

(a little imagination when it comes to manageable numbers) - Still looking through dictionary for better wordings though.

ANYONE ELSE done this before, or has just gotten an idea to do it?

No acronym here but an interesting coincidence. I have a cache at a restaurant that serves, among other things, barbeque. GC11BBQ I didn't even notice that until a cacher told me about it in a log.

Similar coincidence, I placed a cache at a sign noting a historic, Revolutionary War event. GC number? GC17761

I created a cache that was near an RC airfield that was based on Air Traffic Control rules based on my days in the air force. Total coincidence but I thought it was pretty cool.

GC1AF84

...oh yeah....I joined the air force in 1984....

Hasn't happened yet, but surely someone will one day be assigned GCID10T B)

Since we have log since passed this number (which is as yet unpublished) it will take someone like Keystone to tell us what happened to it...

Perhaps it was intentionally kept out of circulation?

Certainly there are a few others that we will never see published.

P.S. 1DAH0 is now on the east coast of Ireland! :)

Edited by AZcachemeister
Hasn't happened yet, but surely someone will one day be assigned GCID10T :)
Since we have log since passed this number (which is as yet unpublished) it will take someone like Keystone to tell us what happened to it...

The letter 'I' isn't used for caches. If you paste "?wp=GCID10T" into a cache URL it will indeed say that it's unpublished, and it never will be.

On the other hand, GC1D10T is alive, although perhaps not as well as one might hope, in Norway.

I placed one in honor of my buddy JoGPS GCJOE3. But my favorite is a crazy hard puzzle cache I helped create with a huge double 50 ammo box as the final, which we affectionately called the BFC until we published and receieved, GCXBFC, so I guess that is X-tra Big .....ummmm.... Final Cache.

I know the Cache ID # is assigned and we don't choose it. But I've figured by looking through the dictionary, you can form acronyms of anything.

a recent one I got, is a 'liars Cache' and given the number GC1R5MA By looking through the dictionary I came up with:

Really

5trange

Monster

Advisory,

(a little imagination when it comes to manageable numbers) - Still looking through dictionary for better wordings though.

ANYONE ELSE done this before, or has just gotten an idea to do it?

There is a hide (hyde) about 25 miles from me GC1HYDE. I thought the hide/hyde coincedence was cool, but Hyde is also my last name. No I havent gotten over there to find it yet, but I will.

Hasn't happened yet, but surely someone will one day be assigned GCID10T :D

The letter 'I' isn't used for caches. If you paste "?wp=GCID10T" into a cache URL it will indeed say that it's unpublished, and it never will be.

On the other hand, GC1D10T is alive, although perhaps not as well as one might hope, in Norway.

DRAT! I knew that, and I thought I compensated... :)