What's the most you've paid for one coin and a set of coins?

The Stoned Wookie

I know there are some cachers that are really into the coins. I've heard stories of people paying over $100 for a single coin before. Now my curiosity made me wonder how many cachers will pay some crazy price just to get a coin or coins.

Please select a range unless you want to say the actual price.

$0.00 to $25

$25.01 to $50

$50.01 to $100

$100.01 to $150

$150.01 to $200

$200.01 to $300

$300.01 to $400

$400.01 to $500

Above $500

I paid about $51 for a "dark side of the cache" coin. Then I paid $47 for a 5th anniversary compass rose set.

I (Jim) have never paid more than the issue price for any geocoin. I've gotten a few in trade, and gave away a little more value than the issue price was, for a particularly good coin. The largest set I've bought at once was the Ranger216 Christmas series a couple of years ago. That was seven coins; probably ran about $110 for two sets. Now Sharon (the other half of the team) has bought a few things on ebay, but never any outrageous price. I flat refuse to buy any geocoins on an auction site. We have lots of geocoins for trading, though :huh:

A quick rundown of what I've paid for coins :

$24 for Dark Side of the Cache

$16.50 for Medusa AE

$15 for 2007 Compass Rose

All the other coins Ive purchased have been $12 or less.

The cheapest Ive spent on a coin was $4.

And I have never bought a coin off of Ebay..

Edited by Tha Saint

I know there are some cachers that are really into the coins. I've heard stories of people paying over $100 for a single coin before. Now my curiosity made me wonder how many cachers will pay some crazy price just to get a coin or coins.

$0.00 to $25

$25.01 to $50

$50.01 to $100

$100.01 to $150

$150.01 to $200

$200.01 to $300

$300.01 to $400

$400.01 to $500

Above $500

I paid about $51 for a "dark side of the cache" coin. Then I paid $47 for a 5th anniversary compass rose set.

I paid a little over 100.00 for the black and gold EARTH TURTLE....it isn't even trackable.....Good thing I am a die hard Pittsburgh sports fan.....

GO Penguins....

I was bidding on that thing too... Last minute bidders tick me off. Now I shall try for the other one.

I don't mind the last minute bidders so much, its the ones that bid more than me that get my goat :)

$112 for a Antique Silver Crystal Fairy

Edited by haysonics

Hmm. Just recently I paid $50 for a 2006 Dutch LE antique silver. I made trades to get both of my Delft Blauws, but I'm sure the total coin value I traded was over $100 each.

The most I've paid for a set was $71 for the da Vinci challenge set.

But just recently I dropped $458 at one time (plus shipping) for 23 coins. Boy did THAT blow my coin budget for that month!!! :)

Before I knew better I paid $125 for a set of Caching in the Seasons that was still available from the owner for $40! Yup, felt like a total dork for it!!

I was once willing to pay $700 for bag of coins that included a Moun10bike v2 but was outbid, thank goodness! Now $10 is about the average I'm willing to pay for a coin, before s&h but will still trade multiple coins to get one hi valu.

$0.00 to $25

$25.01 to $50

$50.01 to $100

$100.01 to $150

$150.01 to $200

$200.01 to $300

$300.01 to $400

$400.01 to $500

Above $500

I paid over 100 (not by much) for a coin at the GeocoinFest last october, it was part of the silent auction. It was the '08 Earth Turtle that was black and gold and there were 10 made. 2 went to the auction and others were being left around the event. For a set I paid above 500 for. There were 62 coins in total, the version 2 Geo-Jellies gold coins. 2 of each were made, one for the auction and the other went to each cacher who had made a bean. Both were for charity, and if not for that, than the most paid for a coin would probably be about $15 including shipping, and for a set probably around $45.

Not me... but someone just dropped 227 on a special edition 5th Anniversary Compass Rose production sample on Ebay.

The other one just sold for $236. I'm suprised it went higher than the spice island one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=120419459572

I'm surprised it went for higher than the Spice Island myself, though both are beautifuly done. The ad didn't mention how thick they were (guessing around 10mm) to allow room for the working compass. Most I've paid for coins? I think I paid $250 or $300 for a Compass Rose Sample one time and over $100 for a Yemon Yime version. Also paid just over $100 for a 2005 Compass Rose.

Tryin to think waaaay back here, cuz I havent went hogwild on coins since I first started into them... I remember paying 69.00 for a 4 coin set of the Cachoids.

23.00 for the Credit Card coins

Shoot, I know I have paid more than that for a geocoin, id have to look at em all and see :D

I did however get a Goblindust, Geonap, and a Blazerfan all for 33.00!!! That was smokin!...It was also mis-listed. :(

OH YEAH.... I did pay over 1500.00 for a 267 peice complete set of my personals! :o

Edited by 007BigD