Macintosh to Garmin 60Cx upload problems

I can't seem to see the caches from my pocket query on my Garmin 60Cx.

In some ways I kind of miss my simple 12XL. At least I could see each and every waypoint in the list.

• I upgraded to the latest version of Garmin RoadTrip.
  • I upgraded the Garmin POI Loader. (It's annoying how instead of selecting files it selects a folder and grays out the files. It makes you think something is wrong.)
  • I upgraded the firmware in my GPSmap 60Cx, which then erased all my maps. I'm uploading them again now. It's OK though since I needed to add some more.

I uploaded via RoadTrip and POI Loader, but I see nothing. No geocaches in the Geocache POI section, nor in the POI section. Where the heck are they? I tried it with my 2GB card in the reader, which always used to work. It appears in both software applications. When I dragged the user file from the card onto my desktop, and opened it in TextEdit, sure enough the geocaches were listed with all their info.

So what am I doing wrong? Maybe I just forgot the procedure. I've done it so many different ways in the past, and had other GPSs, so maybe I've forgotten.

What is the procedure for custom POIs and for Geocaches?

I uploaded the maps into the GPS, and now I'm seeing the caches in the Custom POI list.

Weird that it works now. Of course they don't show up on the map unless you're zoomed in enough... the trouble with custom POIs.

Has anyone figured out a way to do custom Garmin symbols for the Waypoint files (not custom POIs) on a Mac?