drop and retrieve coin in all caches

yellow mars

Hiya,

I think it would be cool to have a map of all the caches visited. Of course I could always take a trackable along and briefly drop and retrieve it. But that doesn't log the caches I already did. It's pretty unlikely that I can do those again as I'd first need to visit the other side of the world :huh: I suppose now adding a drop and retrieve to the old finds with the original find date is a 'not done'. Is there something else I can do? I ordered a coin to do this from now on. How do I add the old finds to that map?

Hiya,

I think it would be cool to have a map of all the caches visited. Of course I could always take a trackable along and briefly drop and retrieve it. But that doesn't log the caches I already did. It's pretty unlikely that I can do those again as I'd first need to visit the other side of the world :anitongue: I suppose now adding a drop and retrieve to the old finds with the original find date is a 'not done'. Is there something else I can do? I ordered a coin to do this from now on. How do I add the old finds to that map?

You can post a cache note to backlog a bug drop.

Once you submit the note dropping the bug you will immediately be given the option to delete the cache note. Deleting it won't affect the bug tracking.

This would have been my suggestion... but :huh: ... If this back-logging is done with this new coin... and it's dipped in and out of those caches "on the other side of the world" to record the total mileage of yellow mars's travels then wouldn't those be "virtual logs" for that coin?

I don't mean to be picky - It wouldn't bother me to see that done - but I was told that such virtual logging shouldn't be done if the trackable hasn't actually visited the cache.

<MrsB gives a small sigh, as she's now a bit confused>

This would have been my suggestion... but :huh: ... If this back-logging is done with this new coin... and it's dipped in and out of those caches "on the other side of the world" to record the total mileage of yellow mars's travels then wouldn't those be "virtual logs" for that coin?

I don't mean to be picky - It wouldn't bother me to see that done - but I was told that such virtual logging shouldn't be done if the trackable hasn't actually visited the cache.

<MrsB gives a small sigh, as she's now a bit confused>

That was my concern, or thought as well. :anitongue: I was wondering if there's a different method of sorting this out. Though I've seen a few coins that were activated after the first logs so it doesn't seem to be uncommon. But that again doesn't make it right

Last summer I dipped a personal geocoin in about 500 caches that I had previously found, so I would have a complete record/map of my finds.

I simply explained what I was doing in my note on each of the cache pages, and I deleted the note right after I submitted it.

Dropping my personal geocoin TB2DAJ2 for mileage (backdated to when I found this cache.) I'll delete this note momentarily so I don't clutter up the cache page. Feel free to visit my coin's page at (webpage here).

Thanks, shell1fish

Best of luck, and happy caching.

P.S. If you do reference your own trackable, be sure to use the "public" number (listed on the top left of the trackable page, right under Origin), not the actual tracking number used to log it.

Edited by shell1fish