Premier Geocoin Race IV

Shilo

Standings are updated!!

I'm sorry for the delay again. Been working a 12 hour, 7 day work week since my short vacation out west a couple weeks ago. Looks like things are easing up at work so the standings should be updated more regularly.

-The race is on for the mileage lead. Looks like a 3-way battle is forming.

-Had 3 racers not moved since July and August got going again. 2 of them have moved again since. :rolleyes:

-The geocacher standings are still very close.

-I have been working with the PGR sponsor, Oakcoins, on PGR V and they have made me a very nice offer so look for that announcement coming soon. I'd like to start the 5th race well before this one ends in June.

~David

Standings are updated!!

I'm sorry for the delay again. Been working a 12 hour, 7 day work week since my short vacation out west a couple weeks ago. Looks like things are easing up at work so the standings should be updated more regularly.

-The race is on for the mileage lead. Looks like a 3-way battle is forming.

-Had 3 racers not moved since July and August got going again. 2 of them have moved again since. :rolleyes:

-The geocacher standings are still very close.

-I have been working with the PGR sponsor, Oakcoins, on PGR V and they have made me a very nice offer so look for that announcement coming soon. I'd like to start the 5th race well before this one ends in June.

~David

Got excited when I read "-Had 3 racers not moved since July and August got going again. 2 of them have moved again since. :ph34r: " and rushed to check... but alas I'm still stuck in a last place tie. Sent an email a while ago to the one and only picker-upper & got no reply. Ah well! At least I now have a bunch of the GWS Bus coin, as every GS grab bag & stocking I've gotten has had one! I can see setting loose 2 or 3 for PGR-V!

How about an entry fee to the race car owners for each racer they enter into the race. It could be a unactivated geocoin or a non-trackable geocoin. At the end of the race, those coins would be divided up to the top three racers for both categorys, mileage and cachers.

How about an entry fee to the race car owners for each racer they enter into the race. It could be a unactivated geocoin or a non-trackable geocoin. At the end of the race, those coins would be divided up to the top three racers for both categorys, mileage and cachers.

I really don't want to 'charge' an entry fee. This is suppose to be fun and get geocoins out in the wild.

I can (and will) press for more donations next race. I didn't do that for this race because I was in a hurry to get it going because it was May when I decided to do a fourth race. Donations are always welcome though :) . Also, Oakcoins(our race sponsor) made donations for prizes as well and I made some trades for some hard to find/get geocoins. If more prizes come in I can go deeper into the final standings and award prizes to 2nd or 3rd place.

Maybe next year we can award a prize for the most miles in a single move, most placed coin, etc. Thoughts?

Marking mine 'missing'- no reply from cacher with it 'in hand'

Wonder why I didn't get my forum notification that someone replied to this thread?

Well anyways, I saw your note on your racer. That's to bad no one will reply back to you. I sent an e-mail months ago and got nothing in return. I marked your racer as missing on the standings. Hopefully they will place it someday soon. It does happen.

Standings are updated :ph34r:

I switched the standings over to my Linux OS using OpenOffice.org. Tell me what you think. See any errors, etc, etc.

I think the font size is smaller even though its suppose to be the same. Let me know.

Also, look at the mileage standings page to critique. What ever I do to them will follow over to the geocachers standings which is different format at the moment until I do the next update.

Rumors in the paddock are that a Premier Geocoin Race V announcement is imminent. My source who wishes to remain anonymous because they aren't qualified to speak to the media is telling me possibly on Sunday before the football game and after a PGR IV standings update. :o

A couple new things are rumored as well says the unnamed source. :laughing:

My brother-in-law lost his battle with leukemia this morning :tongue:

No standings for awhile.

Will someone monitor the PGR V thread for me and let those who wonder why I'm not replying to e-mails/PMs why, I'd be much appreciative.

Now the long 9.5 hour drive to Indianapolis.......

Standings are updated :(

Getting crowded at the top with the first 4 mileage leaders. The top 3 are real close.

It appears that the auto updater is broken again so you may have to manually click 'recalculate distance' for me. Especially if I posted a note on your racer's page.

And don't forget about this:

PGR V information can be found here or at the PGR website

:blink:

Sorry, haven't been checking this out much but did update the miles today. We had our Yuma Event with over 340 some guests and then it was off to Vegas for the Nascar Race. Have had over 2000 e-mails from caches and the event....it's been crazy! Thanks again for keeping this up, it was a surprise checking on my coins.

Robert

Standings are updated :D

We have a new mileage leader!! At least for now(see below)

The mileage updater appears to be broken so if your racer mileage is not updated please click on 'recalculate distance' and let me know that you have so I can keep your racer up to date.

Standings are updated :surprise:

Our mileage leader, TokyoBlossom's Betcha Can't Own Just One - PGR IV Participant, is starting to pull away.

There is a 2 way tie for geocachers between nefesh's Pedal Racer: PGR IV and LZ33's USA Racer "Bobby Grim" racers at 16 each.

If you want in PGR 5 please check out the website(in sigline) or contact me.

Just spent a few moments looking at the winners from past geocoin races, and I have to say that this year has REALLY accumulated some miles. Our top four coins (in the mileage category) all have more miles than any of the winners in the previous races, which is awesome! It goes to show that trackables can find their way in the world and that there are a good number of cachers out there who respect trackables enough to move and log them. Good news, for sure!

Really looking forward to seeing how PGR IV ends up as we have less than two months to go...good luck racers!

Just spent a few moments looking at the winners from past geocoin races, and I have to say that this year has REALLY accumulated some miles. Our top four coins (in the mileage category) all have more miles than any of the winners in the previous races, which is awesome! It goes to show that trackables can find their way in the world and that there are a good number of cachers out there who respect trackables enough to move and log them. Good news, for sure!

Really looking forward to seeing how PGR IV ends up as we have less than two months to go...good luck racers!

Interesting stat you found. So are you the PGR statistician? :)

Also, this field is the smallest and to achieve the most miles is a good thing <_<

With this race almost over, I thought I'd share a recent picture from one of my racers that is going strong at the end! I love it when cachers take pictures of my trackables. It can be difficult, especially with caches in urban areas or with lots of muggles. I really appreciate this one - thanks to dr_mikes for giving this racer some last-minute mileage AND a souvenir!

2a253055-c2f9-4ae1-bbb8-d2592023a1aa.jpg