Premier Geocoin Race IV

Shilo

A few coins got picked up Friday during the outage but people traveled for the holiday and haven't logged them yet. I still am getting logs today dated 7-3-09. I have 5 racers who's mileage isn't calculating yet either.

Yes its early still.

Standings updated :drama:

1. New mileage leader. Close battle for the lead after 2 big jumps.

2. 3 way tie now for geocacher placements at 3.

3. Have 3-4 racers headed to Kansas City from Yuma this weekend.

4. Still have 3 racers yet to update from today and Sunday.

5. Have several(+/-10) that have been retrieved from the starting points but not yet placed in first geocache.

Whoo Hoo! Way to go Michigan Cacheman and Clan Doyle. I'm right behind you (haha) :drama:

Thanks for the congrats nefresh! I'm sure I won't stay in my current position for to long, but I have to admit I was pleasantly surprised when I saw the standings today since I haven't been able to check on-line for several days now. Hopefully all of our racers will stay in circulation and all of us can spend some time in the top spots at some point over the next year. Good luck to your racer and to everybody else's!

To Shilo I send out a special thank you for not only putting together a fun race for all of us, but also for your continued work at keeping things updated. It's gotta be a handful and your work is appreciated! Have a great summer and good luck to your racers as well!!!! ;)

Yeah, thanx for the congrats, and thanx to Flying Dad for the mileage! It's definately a close one, with 3 miles difference. I just hope we all get in on some long hops.

I'll add my thanx to Shiloh, as well. This is much cooler than I thought it be (of course, I'm near the top, so that might have something to do with it), since it gives you a gauge of how far different coins go, and how many times they are handled. I'm excited, and not just for my traveling coin, but for the one that ain't doing so hot!

The race is fixed, fixed I tell you! :) Nicely done, Shilo! Man, you really have to keep an eye on these standings, they are on the move.

I guess that $100 bill I attached paid off <_<

During the week the moves slow down, but weekends and Mondays are busy!!!

Congrats on taking over the lead Shilo. So it was a $100 dollar bill I needed to attach to my coins and not measely little $1 bills. Oh well now I know for next years race to not be so cheap. Again congrats and thanks for the updates!!!! :cool:

Don't worry it wont be long before I lose it. I only attached 1 $100 bill :unsure:

I think out of the previous 6 racers I've entered only 1 made it to the finish line. The rest are still lost/stolen.

But I'll enjoy it while it lasts :D

Standings updated :P

We have a new mileage leader!!!!

Ahh... Mileage gets all the glory.... No love for cacher placements... :ph34r:

True, my bad :ph34r:

But then again you are still in the lead for geocachers and have been since the get go too B)

Standings are updated and no changes at the top in either category. Big moves coming up within the next week to 10 days though.

I was listening to the June 28, 2009(Show 223) of the Podcacher Podcast today at work and heard Clan Doyle's 500 cache find milestone and habu!(who moved some racers in Arizona) talked about Jeepen' Jumpers and his tough and unique cache hides in Yuma, AZ.

Way to go gentlemen :ph34r:

I was listening to the June 28, 2009(Show 223) of the Podcacher Podcast today at work and heard Clan Doyle's 500 cache find milestone and habu!(who moved some racers in Arizona) talked about Jeepen' Jumpers and his tough and unique cache hides in Yuma, AZ.

Way to go gentlemen :ph34r:

Tough not really, unique, I like that! We had an "ATM" machine that needed to be replaced. Instead of just tossing it, it's worked out very well for a Cache.

A.T.M

1aa64168-8f5d-4605-9b5b-8a1c6733629b.jpg

You do have to practice your safe skills.

Standings updated.

Tha Saint is still in the geocacher lead :D:D:ph34r:

Oh, we have a new mileage leader too :lol: See Jeep'en Jumpers post above.

Great job leaders!!!! Close race so far. I think this time last year it was pretty much over in the mileage category.

Edited by Shilo

Standings are updated :P

We have a new mileage leader and now a 2-way tie for most geocachers with 4 racers left to get updated mileage. Those 4 won't catch the leader unless they move again today.

Just a quick update. Since I just updated the geocoin I just moved along there's now a 3 way tie for the most geocachers moving a racing geocoin. Congrats to all the leaders and good luck to the rest of us!!!! :P

Way to go on the mileage and the movers!!

I'm still at the bottom :(

Rock bottom :D - gotta change my name to "aaarickctroop13" to get off the alphabetical pits.. :)

I guess I could always do my sort in reverse one time :)

Hopefully you'll get some mileage and that would solve that problem as well :)

btw...nothing has changed today. No placements.

Standings are updated ;) Only 2 movements today.

We have a 2-way tie for most geocachers :ph34r:

Something smells fishy though :cool:

Hint hint: Tha Saint hint hint :D

I'm heading out of town this weekend so the next update will be Sunday night or Monday afternoon.

Oooh, Shilo, update these standings! One of my racers got a nice boost, and I just want to see how it measures up...

WOW.. What a jump.. Nice. I dont know how last years race started, but it seems to me that this years racers are moving far & fast in just a month so far..

I'll enjoy being the leader of the pack (at least in mileage!) while it lasts, although it's sure not to be for very long. Thanks, Shilo! :D

A big jump is in the works so everyone will be playing catch up. Btw...I still have your package here. I will get it out tomorrow. Sorry for the delay. I could list some excuses but I'm sure you don't want to hear them :lol:

The only thing worse than my lack of movement is that Mikey got lost in the mail.

As for the leaders, I think I will never catch up now.

The Hiram PO lost a mailer of mine 3 years ago and this one. Guess I will not use them anymore. It could still show up.

As for the huge mileage jumps now, I wouldn't get to worried just yet, its very early in the race. Last year one took a 15-20,000 mileage jump early and almost got caught by the end. Dont think anyone is going to get a huge lead like that anytime soon. We'll see