Premier Geocoin Race IV

Shilo

Did mine arrive yet? :P

Just got home but I don't think I got yours. I got something from Palm Springs, CA and Birmingham, AL(I know not yours).

Been working long hours the last few days but those racers just got here tonight. I'll look in the mailbox tomorrow and let you know.

Found out about this too late to enter this year's race, but would love to enter next year if there is a race.

Sly B Bro

E-mail sent.

Still not to late to enter. Race does start in the morning though but what's a week in a year race?

The 2 launch caches are the following:

Sea Shells-TB Stop & Go!! in Yuma, AZ and Orlando Airport TB Hotel in Orlando, FL.

The cache owner of the Sea Shells cache in AZ has made a flash mob event at the cache site set for 8 am Mountain Time in the morning. To see the event page do a search of nearest caches and you will see the event.

Good luck to all of you in the PGR IV!! :):D

Edited by Shilo

The 2 launch caches are the following:

Sea Shells-TB Stop & Go!! in Yuma, AZ and Orlando Airport TB Hotel in Orlando, FL.

The cache owner of the Sea Shells cache in AZ has made a flash mob event at the cache site set for 8 am Mountain Time in the morning. To see the event page do a search of nearest caches and you will see the event.

Good luck to all of you in the PGR IV!! :):D

Thanks for taking the time to put this together Shilo... and Good Luck to everyone in the race.

Did mine arrive yet? :)

Still nothing :unsure:

I wonder what is up? I hope they aren't hung up in customs :D

Well, I sent it regular mail...wrapped it securely in a bubble mailer and sent it off. This doesn't require a customs form and should have been there fairly quickly. I did this with all my personal coin orders (under advice from my local post office) and all arrived safe and sound. So, it's not sitting at customs but perhaps it's held up for a day or two longer. We'll just wait and see...I knew it might be late anyway.

Thanks Shilo for all your hard work on this!

The West racers have been dropped. The green flag drops for them in 35 minutes.

I have to work today(well suppose to be there now :) ). I am taking my pc so I will TRY to post updates throughout the day if racers move. And oh well yeah, the mileage updating issue too. Remember if your racer wont update automatically try to manually do it. As the trackable owner you can do this, I can not. Except my 2 racers :D

Good luck to all.

I am sending 4 more racers to AZ today. Have 5 more here(possibly going to FL with me Friday) and some more still stuck in the mail system.

Peace out :unsure:

GeoRacers

We had a good group start in Arizona, there were no GeoRacers left behind. All are off to a good start somewhere, I'm sure the cachers will log them soon. I tried to explain to the group how this works but you might like to contact each Cacher and explain your wishes for travel. Because I had two racers here also, I just dumped them on the back of my tailgate and stood back and let them pick from the group. I will help move the new ones that show up soon if they sit too long in the heat. There are more pictures on the FlashMob page here:

Yuma FlashMob Race Event

Thank you Jeep'en Jumpers for taking it upon yourself to give instructions and making sure everyone got off to a good start. Your time involved wasn't necessary but I appreciate it as I'm sure the race owners do.

I did send 4 more racers to you yesterday. The way the ponies run to the west you might have them Monday, no later than Wednesday.

We have 2 racers with mileage already!!!! :D:D Oh wait before you get to excited it was only .3 of a mile :D

Race standings have been updated :D

I was over near Orlando International Airport this morning and stopped by the cache..... took a few at random ( wish I could help them all but left some for others to move) and will move them about 1000 miles North for a good start... Good Luck all in the race

I was over near Orlando International Airport this morning and stopped by the cache..... took a few at random ( wish I could help them all but left some for others to move) and will move them about 1000 miles North for a good start... Good Luck all in the race

Thanks...

Noticed that a couple of racers (including 1 of mine) were dropped off at a cache in Southern Cali yesterday. I hope they will be safe, as the cache has some recent logs stating that tb's that are listed in the cache are not there, also that the lock that's supposed to be on the cache is gone & a maintenance request.. Even the guy who dropped off the racers logged "Left three racing TB's/Coins. Come get them before they are lost." Cache owner hasnt logged into GC since 2007.

Doesnt sound good.

TB Flight 1214

Noticed that a couple of racers (including 1 of mine) were dropped off at a cache in Southern Cali yesterday. I hope they will be safe, as the cache has some recent logs stating that tb's that are listed in the cache are not there, also that the lock that's supposed to be on the cache is gone & a maintenance request.. Even the guy who dropped off the racers logged "Left three racing TB's/Coins. Come get them before they are lost." Cache owner hasnt logged into GC since 2007.

Doesnt sound good.

TB Flight 1214

Doesnt sound good.

TB Flight 1214

Doesnt sound good.

TB Flight 1214

Due to forum time outs and can not get into these forums and all the other problems these forums have, I have moved the PGR discussions here. As you can see my post came through 8 times over a 50 minute period while trying to send a post. I see Tha Saint took 4 tries. Enough crap is enough.

If you are not already a member you will have to create a free account to access the forums. Your current username and password combination more than likely will be available.

I will post in the new forums first(and often) and if I feel like it and can get in here(not likely) I will post here. If you really don't want to sign up then bookmark the website(www.premiergeocoinrace.net) and check the standings and news as you wish. I might look into adding a RSS feed if it's not complicated soon.

I apologize for the minor inconvenience now but in the long run posting to a forum thread won't be a chore anymore.

David

PGR race coordinator

PS. I am Shilo over there as well. If you have questions please feel free to PM/e-mail me. Please post comments over in the new forums.

Doesnt sound good.

TB Flight 1214

Hi Tha Saint! Just wanted to let you know that I've posted a request in the SW Forum area that a cacher on the west side of San Diego please move the racing geocoins on to safer caches. I've just received an E-Mail from a cacher saying he's picked up my coin and will move it to a safer cache. Hopefully somebody will move your coin and the other one soon too. Good luck in the race! :)

Doesnt sound good.

TB Flight 1214

Hi Tha Saint! Just wanted to let you know that I've posted a request in the SW Forum area that a cacher on the west side of San Diego please move the racing geocoins on to safer caches. I've just received an E-Mail from a cacher saying he's picked up my coin and will move it to a safer cache. Hopefully somebody will move your coin and the other one soon too. Good luck in the race! :)

Thanks for the heads up, ill add a follow up to your post.

I tried to list this last night but things got all goofie posting so here it is. The last visitor to the San Diego cache was "fisnjack", he's been to our event here in Yuma and has his own special coin. In fact he walked up and just handed me one not asking anything in return. I believe if he thought any of our coins were in danger of going missing, he would of relocated them....just a gut thought. I've lost so many it doesn't matter anymore. I know these are race coins and have a mission but there is nothing to say someone makes it a duty to see these all gone. It's a chance, a game, a challenge, an honor. The way this started, TB's were a common thing, this was a challenge to introduce Geocoins to cachers out there who couldn't afford them or just didn't understand them. It was a way to share the experience with others....a new icon, something different. I really don't care if mine comes in first or last, I hope someone enjoys the coin the icon the experience of the find. Yes, it's fun to be F.T.F, or lead the Stats page for something but in reality don't take everything to serious, it's not as much fun. It's nice of everyone who entered this race to share your coin or coins with others. Not all will understand what they are, so if someone logs a your coin you might drop them a note of thanks and offer any help in understanding what they have found. We've got a whole year to make things better, Shilo's got a whole year to worry he's got things right. That's a lot of W.O.R.K!

Doesnt sound good.

TB Flight 1214

Hi Tha Saint! Just wanted to let you know that I've posted a request in the SW Forum area that a cacher on the west side of San Diego please move the racing geocoins on to safer caches. I've just received an E-Mail from a cacher saying he's picked up my coin and will move it to a safer cache. Hopefully somebody will move your coin and the other one soon too. Good luck in the race! :D

Thanks for the heads up, ill add a follow up to your post.

My coin has been picked up and moved to a new cache a bit north. :anitongue: