Premier Geocoin Race IV

Shilo

Can we get a look at the info on the racer tag? We'd like to make our insert mirror it, since there might not be a good place to drill the coin.

There is a picture of the tag on the website(in my sigline) and clicking the PGR IV link. The picture is all the way on the bottom of the page.

See if this works for you. But I would still like to know if anyone else is having a problem seeing the image on the website.

Picture of race tag

The back side type is different.

At the top in red type it says 'Geocoin Buddy'.

Then it says "This geocoin is in a race at www.premiergeocoinrace.net"

Sponsors:

www.geoswag.com

www.oakcoins.com

Edited by Shilo

Shilo, another quick (and potentially dumb) question: when you offer to "tag" our coins, are you referring to the metal tag ONLY, or a metal tag and a white, laminated info sheet?

I think people who come across geocoins for the first time - and who don't know a thing about them - may not know where to look for the tracking number. If the tracking number is on the side, they may not notice. If the tracking number is in a microscopic font on either face of the coin, they STILL may not notice it.

I have not yet sent out a traveller with an info sheet, but am thinking I should do this in the future. My coins are ready to go and I don't want to hold these up any further, as it is getting close to the start. Also, there is no guarantee that people read anything associated with travellers anyway. Hmmm...just musing to myself at this point so I will stop! Back to question, stated above...

Shilo, another quick (and potentially dumb) question: when you offer to "tag" our coins, are you referring to the metal tag ONLY, or a metal tag and a white, laminated info sheet?

I think people who come across geocoins for the first time - and who don't know a thing about them - may not know where to look for the tracking number. If the tracking number is on the side, they may not notice. If the tracking number is in a microscopic font on either face of the coin, they STILL may not notice it.

I have not yet sent out a traveller with an info sheet, but am thinking I should do this in the future. My coins are ready to go and I don't want to hold these up any further, as it is getting close to the start. Also, there is no guarantee that people read anything associated with travellers anyway. Hmmm...just musing to myself at this point so I will stop! Back to question, stated above...

All I'm supplying is the metal tag. If you want more you can send it and I'll wire rope it all together for you.

The tag does say the coin is in a race and gives the web address to track it. The tag can't force anyone to read it :)

If they can't read English well then they wont understand anyways. :rolleyes:

Looks I'll be sending you two enteries. Would like to think I will get them complete and mailed tommorrow, but not sure that will work out (having trouble getting activation code for one of them... :) )

If I don't get them off tommorrow it will probably be like the 15th before I can mail them.

All I'm supplying is the metal tag. If you want more you can send it and I'll wire rope it all together for you.

The tag does say the coin is in a race and gives the web address to track it. The tag can't force anyone to read it :anibad:

If they can't read English well then they wont understand anyways. :)

he he he True, True. My entries are on their way to you without additional info sheets. I'll just keep fingers crossed that my racers encounter traveller-savvy geocachers or literate geocachers. :anibad:

My Dutch coin for the race is on his way to you.

It is here :D

very fast coin :)

Maybe a good sign of things to come? :anibad:

I will send out my coins early next week so you should have them one week later. I think this should be ok for entering the race?

Yes that should be fine. :anibad:

Assuming our coins are still in circulation, what happens to them after the race at year's end? Can we change the listing page to get them home?

Sure. They are your coins. You can even cut the wire rope off of them if you want.

Edited by Shilo

For some reason it's not showing up. I'll try from one of my other computers, maybe it's a browser glitch.

I can't see the tag on the website either.

I worked on it and checked it on another computer and it is showing now.

Let me know if it is or not.

Thank you.

PS. It's the actual tag that I am using. I am stamping a "4" on each tag so everyone will know which race it/was in. Last years had a 3 and the year before had nothing and the tags are like the pic in post 53

Edited by Shilo

There seems to be an old issue with mileage not automatically calculating and troubles with the manual way(spotty at best). New trackables seem to be the worst. I will do my best after the race starts to try to keep the standings updated but if you see your racer mileage not adding up PLEASE manually try the recalculate distance option under "Trackable Item Options" on the upper right side of the page. Once the initial mileage shows up I can manually add it up myself but hope I don't have to do that a lot :)

I received some racer's yesterday. I will let you know who in awhile. I'm hungry :D

When is the deadline?

Really isn't one. But if you want to start on time I really need your racer by next weekend so I can get it ready and to the start line on time.

Late racers will be dropped off locally and will lose the days from the 27th to the initial drop is all. The race will end June 27, 2010 no matter when you start.

OK, noob question.

How do I activate the coin with 0 miles. Once I add a location, won't it show the miles between me and the cache it is placed in? :rolleyes:

It wont start calculating miles until the 2nd cache its placed in. Your starting point will be 1 of 2 caches I'm using for start points. So just activate the coin, send it to me and wait until June 27th. If you don't want your coin(s) showing up in your inventory mark it as missing(upper right part of coin page in the bottom of the box) and I will just grab it from you later, which I have to do anyways. That won't effect anything. Hope this helps.

OK, noob question.

How do I activate the coin with 0 miles. Once I add a location, won't it show the miles between me and the cache it is placed in? :rolleyes:

It wont start calculating miles until the 2nd cache its placed in. Your starting point will be 1 of 2 caches I'm using for start points. So just activate the coin, send it to me and wait until June 27th. If you don't want your coin(s) showing up in your inventory mark it as missing(upper right part of coin page in the bottom of the box) and I will just grab it from you later, which I have to do anyways. That won't effect anything. Hope this helps.

Great... explains it all. Got my coins drilled and activated and hopefully will get them out in the mail tomorrow. :mad:

sent Monday (15th)

Should be here today.

Sorry Shilo - I know I said I would have one out to you a lot earlier but life got in the way a bit. I have it packaged and will be popping it in the mail on my way out this morning. Sorry for the delay!

I'll be looking for it.

The racers I have as of today's mail delivery(around 5pm EST) will be shipped to respective cache owners in the morning. Racers after that will be mailed and released when they are received or after Saturday(June 27). So if you miss tomorrow's mailing you still have a chance on starting on time or a few days late. If they are real late I will drop off locally.

All racers that have been 'grabbed' by Shilo or GaRacer are in the mail to the 2 cache owners :)

If your racer was grabbed by GaRacer its on its way to Yuma, Arizona

If your racer was grabbed by Shilo its on its way to Orlando, Florida

ATTENTION RACE OWNERS:

Please read the following if your mileage doesn't start calculating automatically especially at first.

Straight from the horses mouth about the auto mileage:

We're still working on this issue so I'll ask you all to please continue to be patient. I know you're anxious for this to work correctly again.

I have discovered a couple things that may help you in the meantime. First, if you visit the trackable page by searching with the tracking number, and NOT the public ID, recalculate distance tends to work more often.

For those of you with the "personal mileage trackers" there seems to be a problem when the same person logs the trackable in and out two or more times in a row (which is sort of the point with those trackers). If only one other person logs your trackable it will correct itself.

We'll let you know when this has been fixed.

Doing this will help me keep the standings up to date in a timely matter. I will post here as well when all this has been fixed again.

Thank you for reading this and helping with your future mileage issues. :)