Bottle Cap Geocoin COINTEST!

MrBrian

My favorite it definitely coffee...but unfortunately I might be a snob :anitongue: I actually roast my own cofffee beans at home using a bread machine and a heat gun (I buy green coffee beans in 12 pound batches and roast about a 2 pounds a week).

IMHO it is much better than anything I can buy elsewhere and much cheaper as well :laughing:.

Not my picture but give the general idea of the setup. You get the coffee beans up to temp and the smell is incredible

corretto.jpg

Hello teamhaynes, from the picture looks as if you might know my Dad...

As it looks if you or your friend from the picture are roasting a bit of grain, maybe for a RootBeer? :huh:

Dad brews, Beer, RootBeer, roasted different malts, and yes coffee beans....

I drink a lot of ice water or unsweetened iced tea when I am doing my yardwork and stuff like that. However, for sodas, I go through phases. One that I really enjoy from time to time is appropriate for one of these coins:

2580787973_80790bfa31.jpg

Edited by SgtMikal

My favorite it definitely coffee...but unfortunately I might be a snob :anitongue: I actually roast my own cofffee beans at home using a bread machine and a heat gun (I buy green coffee beans in 12 pound batches and roast about a 2 pounds a week).

IMHO it is much better than anything I can buy elsewhere and much cheaper as well :laughing:.

Not my picture but give the general idea of the setup. You get the coffee beans up to temp and the smell is incredible

corretto.jpg

Hello teamhaynes, from the picture looks as if you might know my Dad...

As it looks if you or your friend from the picture are roasting a bit of grain, maybe for a RootBeer? :huh:

Dad brews, Beer, RootBeer, roasted different malts, and yes coffee beans....

The setup shown is known as a Corretto Coffee Roaster

It looks like grain but that is green coffee beans. The breadmachine acts like an agitator to keep the beans moving while they are roasted by the heat gun.

Here is a close up of the green beans IMG_1279_sml.jpg

My favourite drink is the Earl Grey tea from Twinings. I would never want to miss a nice pot of tea.... in the morning, in the afternoon and in the evening :-)

If I had to choose a bottled drink it would be Coca Cola light (that's the dutch name, probably called Diet Coke in US?)

eb6883e8-23b0-4d4c-b6e3-c0600bc5c1bb.jpg

LoinsLair I must ask hot or Cold?

A Dr. Pepper Fact:

In the 20's and 30, a slogan as "Drink a Bite to Eat at 10, 2 and 4." New research, at that time, had shown that people's energy level dropped around 10:00 a.m., 2:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. and so the Dr Pepper company used this information as a marketing tool, suggesting the drink would increase one's energy level.

Sorry Geek Fact :huh:

I prefer mine cold! :anitongue:

I have a cache named 10 - 2 - 4 ...as you may guess the camo has something to do with Dr Pepper... I'm amazed at the folks that have never heard about the 10 - 2 - 4 marketing campaign that Dr Pepper used back when....

The setup shown is known as a Corretto Coffee Roaster

It looks like grain but that is green coffee beans. The breadmachine acts like an agitator to keep the beans moving while they are roasted by the heat gun.

Here is a close up of the green beans IMG_1279_sml.jpg

I use a rock tumbler, on the slowest rotation for my beans.

As for my malts I use the breadmaker, figure why let it go to waste, previous I did the roasting in a oven but it was a problem getting them to roast even.

Good to see that Home - Brew/Roasting is not dead getting harder to get supplies. :huh:

Edited by The Finding Irish 4

401a35e6-1708-4e64-96e4-ec35388c382e.jpg

I can stll remember the drive thru's on a Friday & Saturday nite drinking what we called "Swamp Water" :P It was a combo of A&W root beer & orange B) Ahhh.. to have thoses days back :)

OHHHH, I remember!!!!!!!Great Hot Dogs and THat was the best Root Beer.

Remember the Car Hops???? and the tray hanging on the window?

401a35e6-1708-4e64-96e4-ec35388c382e.jpg

I can stll remember the drive thru's on a Friday & Saturday nite drinking what we called "Swamp Water" :P It was a combo of A&W root beer & orange B) Ahhh.. to have thoses days back :)

OHHHH, I remember!!!!!!!Great Hot Dogs and THat was the best Root Beer.

Remember the Car Hops???? and the tray hanging on the window?

We Just had a New one open locally Complete with carhops :D:)

The cointest has come to a close... seeing that I have two coins to give away, I drew two names...

The winner is JohnMac56

The 2nd winner is joranda

Since JohnMac56 is the winner, he gets his choice of the 2 coins.... joranda I will send you the other coin :-)

The cointest has come to a close... seeing that I have two coins to give away, I drew two names...

The winner is JohnMac56

Since JohnMac56 is the winner, he gets his choice of the 2 coins.... joranda I will send you the other coin :-)

Woo Hoo!!! Its been a while since I've won a cointest! I guess all that IBC Root Beer I have drank over the years has paid off finally!

Thanks for the cointest and for the coin!!!

The winner is JohnMac56

Thank you MrBrian for the cointest. It is nice to win something every now and then. Email was sent with my address. This really lifted my day today. Thanks again. :)