Am I too cautious?

JustJackMN

I wonder just how aggressive I am to be in my search. I'm looking for nano (whatever that is) on public city property. My GPS takes me to the same place from 3 different approaches. Ground Zero is in a flower garden. Now I don't think the city would like me tramping on the flowers, I am sure they would like me to stay on the path. I live in a northern climate, so if this is a year round activity I am sure they do not want people to dig in the snow all over the place. Therefore I am looking around knee level and higher. Am I too timid? Should I wade through the plants, and look in the ground level bushes?

If it is a nano I would look for something a magnet would stick to.

Jim

Exactly my thoughts. If you know you are looking for a nano, 99% of the time it isn't on the ground. I would be checking every metal object within 15', especially the memorial/acknowledgement/information sign right at the flower bed.

oh yeah, and it appears you don't know what a nano is. Here is a picture for reference:

geo1001c.jpg

I wonder just how aggressive I am to be in my search. I'm looking for nano (whatever that is) on public city property. My GPS takes me to the same place from 3 different approaches. Ground Zero is in a flower garden. Now I don't think the city would like me tramping on the flowers, I am sure they would like me to stay on the path. I live in a northern climate, so if this is a year round activity I am sure they do not want people to dig in the snow all over the place. Therefore I am looking around knee level and higher. Am I too timid? Should I wade through the plants, and look in the ground level bushes?

Rules of thumb.

- If it will break or crush, don't step on it

- If you pick it up to look under it, put it back the way you found it

- If you have to pull it apart, make sure you can put it back together

- If you don't think you belong in "there", you don't (even if "there" is where the cache is)

- If it's muddy and your visit will leave a lasting impression, come back when its dry

- If you think your search will make a mess of the area, don't search

Not every cache has to be found. There are plenty of other caches out there.