2 caches 25 feet apart

Was the approver asleep at the switch? I mystery (virtual) and one regular - 25 ft apart.

GC2C32

GC14QY9

The cache saturation guideline applies to all physical stages of multi-caches and mystery/puzzle caches, as well as any other stages entered as "stages of a multi-cache." The guideline does not apply to event caches, EarthCaches, grandfathered virtual and webcam caches, stages of multi-caches or puzzle caches entered as "question to answer" or "reference point," or to any "bogus" posted coordinates for a puzzle cache. Within a single multi-cache or mystery/puzzle cache, there is no minimum required distance between waypoints.

Was the approver asleep at the switch? I mystery (virtual) and one regular - 25 ft apart.

GC2C32

GC14QY9

The cache saturation guideline applies to all physical stages of multi-caches and mystery/puzzle caches, as well as any other stages entered as "stages of a multi-cache." The guideline does not apply to event caches, EarthCaches, grandfathered virtual and webcam caches, stages of multi-caches or puzzle caches entered as "question to answer" or "reference point," or to any "bogus" posted coordinates for a puzzle cache. Within a single multi-cache or mystery/puzzle cache, there is no minimum required distance between waypoints.

Yup a 4.gif and a 2.gif can live side by side

That's correct. But the physical cache was placed well after the saturation guidelines came out. The mystery was there first. The physical cache was placed later.

Edited by Wadcutter

That's correct. But the physical cache was placed well after the saturation guidelines came out. The mystery was there first. The physical cache was placed later.

There is no mystery cache involved. The grandfathered virtual cache and the traditional cache do not violate the proximity guidelines.

There is no mystery cache involved. The grandfathered virtual cache and the traditional cache do not violate the proximity guidelines.

Correct in this case. However, I could cite several examples of caches placed near old multi's and mystery caches placed years ago, before the reviewers kept highly accurate records, or had the "extra waypoint" feature. There were two caches about 50 feet apart in a rock-filled ravine in the Watchung Reservation of Central New Jersey for quite a few years, for example.

I take it that is fair game to place a cache near where an archived cache was in the past?

I would imagine so. There are so many caches from years ago that are not active anymore and were in great locations that I would love to take over :D

If there's anyone who has any input on this it would be great.

Thanks

I take it that is fair game to place a cache near where an archived cache was in the past?

I would imagine so. There are so many caches from years ago that are not active anymore and were in great locations that I would love to take over :grin:

If there's anyone who has any input on this it would be great.

Thanks

You can place a cache where an archived one used to be.

It has to be officially archived though... not just a cache that has been 'inactive', still in place and listed.