New Vista HCx

You might try calling Garmin and asking if you can purchase just an unlock code for your Vista HCx.

Some people in the past have indicated that they were able to purchase a new code without needing to purchase a new DVD. Others, however, have posted that they had to purchase a new DVD which comes with an unlock code.

Thanks for your advice, Motorcycle_Mama. I'll call them this morning about unlock code only.

let us know how it goes please. from mm's post it sounds like it depends on who answers your call in customer service. kinda like when i call my i.t. help desk at work, i can tell right away if they know what they're doing or just reading the script.

Thanks for your advice, Motorcycle_Mama. I'll call them this morning about unlock code only.

let us know how it goes please. from mm's post it sounds like it depends on who answers your call in customer service. kinda like when i call my i.t. help desk at work, i can tell right away if they know what they're doing or just reading the script.

- always busy friday phone line. Finally, i bought a dvd from store close to home.

- Amazing HCx model. Same functions, smaller than 60CSx but crispy clear display. Fast acquiring satellite.

Edited by shivia