CITO Cleanup Kit

I've recently been introduced to Geocaching by a friend of mine. I've done it only a handful of times, but it's so much fun!

We've been talking about CITO, and how we can help cleanup the community, and some caches in the area. He suggested coming up with a cleanup kit that we can leave at a cache to help with the cleanup efforts.

The kits are a small zip-top bag with a garbage bag and pair of latex gloves - along with a little note about the kit.

"Inside you will find a garbage bag and a pair of latex gloves. After enjoying this cache, please take a few moments to clean up any garbage in the area. If there is no garbage, you may chose to take this kit with you to your next cache, or leave it here for the next person that comes along. There is no need to exchange and item for this cleanup kit, but please feel free to make your own and leave them at your favourite caches for others!"

I was just curious to hear what others had to say about this... maybe this is something that could be done in other places. :unsure:

Cheers :ph34r:

Matt

I've recently been introduced to Geocaching by a friend of mine. I've done it only a handful of times, but it's so much fun!

We've been talking about CITO, and how we can help cleanup the community, and some caches in the area. He suggested coming up with a cleanup kit that we can leave at a cache to help with the cleanup efforts.

The kits are a small zip-top bag with a garbage bag and pair of latex gloves - along with a little note about the kit.

"Inside you will find a garbage bag and a pair of latex gloves. After enjoying this cache, please take a few moments to clean up any garbage in the area. If there is no garbage, you may chose to take this kit with you to your next cache, or leave it here for the next person that comes along. There is no need to exchange and item for this cleanup kit, but please feel free to make your own and leave them at your favourite caches for others!"

I was just curious to hear what others had to say about this... maybe this is something that could be done in other places. :laughing:

Cheers :lol:

Matt

Add a warning to the note, visible from the outside of the bag, so people with latex allergies don't have an attack in the middle of quiet woods somewhere. If I saw such a kit, I'd expect the trash bag, but probably not the gloves.

--Susan

I was just curious to hear what others had to say about this... maybe this is something that could be done in other places. :laughing:

Cheers :lol:

Matt

Add a warning to the note, visible from the outside of the bag, so people with latex allergies don't have an attack in the middle of quiet woods somewhere. If I saw such a kit, I'd expect the trash bag, but probably not the gloves.

--Susan

Latex free gloves are readily available as an alternative... Great idea tho.

Edited by edjohnsonparamedic

Really? Wow, that's sad to hear. I know that one of the caches in my area is located at a carpool lot off a major highway. I went back a few days after finding the cache (when I had some time) and spent about half an hour picking up garbage. You couldn't really even tell that I had done it, but still - it's better than nothing.