.efw file

Table 4 6

If you try to open the .efw file and Windows asks you what you would like to use to do so, just select your ordinary ZIP managing software (i.e. Winzip, etc) from the list and you should find it takes the renamed file in it's stride and you can get the GPX out of it as per normal. If it works in this manner, then next time tick the "Always use this program to open files of this type" box and you'll be able to just double click them in your email as before.

If you try to open the .efw file and Windows asks you what you would like to use to do so, just select your ordinary ZIP managing software (i.e. Winzip, etc) from the list and you should find it takes the renamed file in it's stride and you can get the GPX out of it as per normal. If it works in this manner, then next time tick the "Always use this program to open files of this type" box and you'll be able to just double click them in your email as before.

Thanks, that was really quick!

I have a EeePC (Asus) and it didn't come with a Winzip program. Do you know of anywhere I can download one for free or do I have to spend the $30? :unsure:

I have a EeePC (Asus) and it didn't come with a Winzip program. Do you know of anywhere I can download one for free or do I have to spend the $30? :unsure:

Try PKzip. It is the correct price.

Jim

Windows XP and newer can open ZIP files directly. Just rename the file and you'll be able to open the file like any other folder and extract the contents.

I have a EeePC (Asus) and it didn't come with a Winzip program. Do you know of anywhere I can download one for free or do I have to spend the $30? :laughing:

Windows XP and newer can open ZIP files directly. Just rename the file and you'll be able to open the file like any other folder and extract the contents.

Rename the file what? .gpx?