Canadian Sales on GPSr's

markjsolomon

HI I like everyone else loves a good sale. I am hoping this thread will be used by others to notify them of sales or clearance items for caching. I see that a lot of people in the other forums talk about sales in the US and nothing here in Canada.

So Can you put up the date and store you saw the special at please

so to start us off I saw a Magellan eXplorist 500 LE on clearance at a Canadian tire for 120 this week

May 14

I know it's not exactly a GPS receiver but Staples has the Acer Aspire One netbook on for $329 for a few more days (8.9" screen, 1.6GHz CPU, 1GB RAM, 160GB hard drive).

I bought one a couple of days ago and I've got it loaded with Garmin's nRoute and Mobile PC as well as iNav's iGuidance (same Navteq maps as City Navigator). I'm using them with a Garmin GPS10x Bluetooth receiver and Globalsat BU353 USB receiver. I've got City Navigator, Metroguide Canada, Topo Canada and Ibycus topos loaded in Mapsource.

If I can't find my way home with this, I deserve to be lost... :huh:

...ken...

Ok, I see that GPS City Canada has the oregon 300 on sale for $439.

Radio world has it for $495 with the TOPO Ontario for $99 with purchase.

I would like to upgrade to this model in September for my birthday but when is the best time to buy...

Cell phone alwas seem to have great deals leding up to Christmas... when do GPS have the best deals?

Legend HCX BUNDLE Ride & Drive

Wal-Mart Item #: 967268

UPC #0753759083724

eTex Legend HCx

preprogrammed 2GB SanDisk microSD card with City Navigator NA NT

vehicle power cable

MapSource Trip and Waypoing manger

USB cable

lanyard

manual

PM with any of the online people for under $230. good price on this bundle.

Ok, I see that GPS City Canada has the oregon 300 on sale for $439.

Radio world has it for $495 with the TOPO Ontario for $99 with purchase.

I would like to upgrade to this model in September for my birthday but when is the best time to buy...

Cell phone alwas seem to have great deals leding up to Christmas... when do GPS have the best deals?

Since you work near Radioworld, I would drop over and see if they will match GPS City.

SPoT has a rebate buy a new SPoT GPS tracker

Purchase a SPOT Satellite GPS Messenger from participating retailers

between 6/1/2009 and 8/3/2009.

RECEIVE WHEN ACTIVATING

$169.99 CDN REBATE 2-Year Basic & Tracking Service

$85.00 CDN REBATE 2-Year Basic Service

$60.00 CDN REBATE 1-Year Basic & Tracking Service

some peace of mind for a good price,,,

GPSCity 'Black Friday' sale (link)

I think they should call it "April Fool", not "Black Friday".

They have listed a Garmin GPS10 bluetooth receiver (not GPS10X) bundled with:

- City Select maps

- nRoute nav software for PC

- Que nav software for Windows Mobile

The joke? They want $129.95 for it!!!

Another joke? The customer reviews are dated December 31, 1969. (Hint: the first experimental GPS satellite didn't fly until 1978.)

...ken...

The Source has the original blue eTrex Legend on for $59.99 (link)

Saw that, but it's not the H version, so usefulness in the woods is severely limited.

Sure, the Legend loses some accuracy under thick cover, but I wouldn't dismiss it that quickly. I geocached for years using one of these, mostly in "the woods". It worked fine. Legends were considered the best value for a "starting geocaching GPS" back when I first tried geocaching. They were well over 200$ at the time. I think it is great that people now have the option to buy one and try geocaching for only 60$. They can always upgrade (and keep the Legend as a back up) if they decide they really like this activity.

Sure, there are now much better GPS available, doesn't mean that the old ones don't work as well as they used to. :)

The Source has the original blue eTrex Legend on for $59.99 (link)

Saw that, but it's not the H version, so usefulness in the woods is severely limited.

Sure, the Legend loses some accuracy under thick cover, but I wouldn't dismiss it that quickly. I geocached for years using one of these, mostly in "the woods". It worked fine. Legends were considered the best value for a "starting geocaching GPS" back when I first tried geocaching. They were well over 200$ at the time. I think it is great that people now have the option to buy one and try geocaching for only 60$. They can always upgrade (and keep the Legend as a back up) if they decide they really like this activity.

Sure, there are now much better GPS available, doesn't mean that the old ones don't work as well as they used to. :huh:

You are a much more patient person then I! Between rain and the canopy, we have to keep our fingers crossed than anything less than an H unit will work around here.

Garmin 60Cx for $249.99 @ Costco.ca Shipping & Handling included (link)

Just a reminder that this sale goes until Feb. 28, 2010. Here is the updated link. (link)

missed the sale gpcentral out of calgary has the same price dont need a membership there

(link) GPSCentral requires that you add the item to the cart before you can see the price.

Hi: I was wondering if some kind soul could tell me if this is of benefit to someone, someone being myself, looking for a good deal on a gps. Right up front let me confess, I am technically inept. CTC has a Garmin GPS Map 76 for sale at 159.99 (Canadian pricing, I live in Ontario). Okay here comes the sad part, I am not even sure if this is suitable for geocaching. If so, I was wondering if anyone can tell me if this would be an EASY and I do mean easy outfit for the technically challenged? The only thing I can tell you about the unit is what the flyer says...reg 329.99 WAAS receiver - ummmm whatever that means...Preloaded base maps of major cities, lakes more... Thanking you in advance

.... The only thing I can tell you about the unit is what the flyer says...reg 329.99 WAAS receiver - ummmm whatever that means...Preloaded base maps of major cities, lakes more...

See replies over here (link) To summarize: it is an older B&W unit with 8MB of memory (link). You'd be better off to spend your money on a newer model.

May not be a deal but

I picked up the new garmen 550t today for $589 and wow. What a differenace from the etrex legend HCx. The 550 is well "'Wow". 3.2 camera, picture veiwer, good compass. Thing will even take water temperture. Anyone want a slightly used (4mth.) legend HCx . A very good geocaching tool. I will make a deal."monty hall"

http://www.costco.ca/Browse/Product.aspx?P...-_-GarminDakota

Edited by GEO This

GPS Central has the 550 for $439 online this weekend with a free rifle rest/?

HI I like everyone else loves a good sale. I am hoping this thread will be used by others to notify them of sales or clearance items for caching. I see that a lot of people in the other forums talk about sales in the US and nothing here in Canada.

So Can you put up the date and store you saw the special at please

so to start us off I saw a Magellan eXplorist 500 LE on clearance at a Canadian tire for 120 this week

May 14

From Garmin (link)

Hit the Trail $50 Rebate Offer

March 30, 2010 -

Purchase a qualifying Dakota or Oregon unit and receive $50USD via mail in rebate. Limit 5 rebates per customer. See coupon for additional terms and conditions. (Offer is valid for purchases made between April 1, 2010 and June 20, 2010. Postmark deadline is July 20, 2010.)

Limited time sale @ gpscity (out of Calgary).

Go to their main webpage and add

/rebates.htm

As well as Garmin Topographic Canada DVD with Basecamp sale

Only $89.95 with the coupon code SPRINGTOPO2010. The coupon expires on April 16th.

Just thought you should all know!

-P

From Garmin (link)

Hit the Trail $50 Rebate Offer

March 30, 2010 -

Purchase a qualifying Dakota or Oregon unit and receive $50USD via mail in rebate. Limit 5 rebates per customer. See coupon for additional terms and conditions. (Offer is valid for purchases made between April 1, 2010 and June 20, 2010. Postmark deadline is July 20, 2010.)

AWESOME!! I bought a new 550 Oregon with $50 off and now another $50USD! :D