New User

BigSkyGeoBuggers

I am Misty from Montana, I have recently started caching and have over 126 caches finally which does not seem like much but I have done them in a month and a half.. I was wondering if anyone had any cheap cheap cheap coins for sale. I cache with my nine year old nephew who lives with me and we are both in love with geo coins but hate the way people steal em. So we decided to post on here to see if someone would be willing to deal. If your interested let me know. We absolutely love these coins and have already become addicted. We love all the caches that are out in the woods and you hike to! I am glad to meet you all and hope to do some coin swapping or something!

Sincerly and much thanks,

Misty and Colten!

Contact me through my username if you have some coins or want to work out a trade!

Edited by BigSkyGeoBuggers

First, welcome to the Geocoins forums and Geocaching!

Second, you might not want to have your mailing address (even though it is a PO Box) posted on a public forum. :blink:

Third, there are some websites that sell geocoins for pretty cheap. coinsandpins.com tis one such site that has coins for under $4. Look in the sticky at the top of the forum (Geocoin and Trackable Minting, Geocoin Reference, Shipping, Activating, Adopting, Shopping, Courtesy, Do's & Don't Guide To Geocoins & FAQs!) for a list of other such sites, that may have more cheap geocoins.

Fourth, an alternative to sending out a real geocoin tis a copy of a nice geocoin. Search the forums for "proxy" and you'll find a lot of threads to read up on the subject.

Editing to add that you might also want to look at Travel Bugs, which are a dog tag that you can attach to items and send those out. TB's seem to get stolen less often, although they do go MIA now and then. TB tags usually run around $5. You get a set of two, one goes with the item to be the traveler, the other tis a copy in case the first disappears and you can still send the second out to keep the code going.

Edited by Howlingmoon

HI MISTY AND COLTEN,

WELCOME TO GEOCACHING,IF YOU PM MY SISTER WITH YOUR ADDRESS I WILL SEND YOU A CACHIN CROW GEOCOIN TO GET STARTED IN YOUR COLLECTION, THERE ARE ALSO COINTEST GOING ON WHERE YOU CAN WIN A COIN,OPALSNS AND I WILL HAVE 2 GOING ON STARTING MAY 20th.

HOPE TO BE IN MONTANA ON MY CROSS COUNTRY TRIP I9N JULY.

PM MY SISTER, HAPPY CACHING, KD1EJ

Hi Misty and Colten,

and...................

.......WELCOME TO THE GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!

I'm Opalsns and KD1EJ is my Brother. We Have ALOT of Fun here. The folks are GREAT!!!!!!!!

There is an address page for geocachers that like to send surprises or missions or trades. Go to the thread here and ask to be invited on to the list. Someone will invite you and send you a link to that page.

Also,

send me your address through my geocaching.com account and KD1EJ will send you a geocoin!!!!!!!!!!!!

Opalsns

Welcome Misty and Colten,

I have a number of coins in my available trading list that have just been sitting here so if you take a look and see some you like, shoot me a note through my geonick and make an offer (really I understand cheap when it comes to this hobby) on what you want and we will get it done. These threads are a great place for information and fun; check out some missions and cointests and you will be hooked for sure.

Blessings,

If you check the pinned topics at the top of the Geocoin Forum you will find links to all the approved vendours. Keep in mind that coins aren't minted to be kept on the shelves long and most usually sell out quickly or eventually but new ones are always on the horizon. Keep an eye out and you can join the craze.

HI MISTY AND COLTEN,

WELCOME TO GEOCACHING,IF YOU PM MY SISTER WITH YOUR ADDRESS I WILL SEND YOU A CACHIN CROW GEOCOIN TO GET STARTED IN YOUR COLLECTION, THERE ARE ALSO COINTEST GOING ON WHERE YOU CAN WIN A COIN,OPALSNS AND I WILL HAVE 2 GOING ON STARTING MAY 20th.

HOPE TO BE IN MONTANA ON MY CROSS COUNTRY TRIP I9N JULY.

PM MY SISTER, HAPPY CACHING, KD1EJ

I recieved a wonderfull coin today thank you...Colten and I love it it. Thanks from the bottom of our hearts what a generous thoughtfull thing to do.

Misty

BigSkyGeoBuggers

There is a new type of coin that is actually a trackable tag.

Neat & colourful on one side and more plain on the other.

One example is the "Breast Cancer Awareness Tag "

Around $3.5 each plus postage.

This would be an economical way to get started.

Good luck - beware the addiction!

Thanks for this post. I didn't know about these but went and ordered some to go along with all my other pink ribbons. They fit in even small caches.

To keep it on topic, you can go to the Todie's Wild Ride thread and you could win coins.