Geology Geocoin

Coyote's Girl

I had the great fortune to have my life touched by a special teacher who kindled a love of geology in my soul. He was an amazing teacher fully steeped in awesomess, and I'd like to immortalize him (or at least a cartoon version of him) on a geocoin. He's the guy who wrote the Geology IS program that was used nationwide for high school students, and I was lucky enough to get him all to myself. Well, maybe not all to mself I had to share him with other students. Too personal, or does it sound interesting?

Not all coins are caching-related; there's no rule that says they have to be. Certainly, there are folks out there who won't buy them if they're not, but there are plenty of coins that have a very tenuous connection to Geocaching -- in fact, a coin celebrating a good Geology teacher is closer to geocaching than many. ; ) And depending on what the teacher's favorite themes of Geology are, you might be able to work in a geocaching link anyway.

So if you want to do it, and your teacher is cool with it, I say go for it. It'll be an intensely personal coin about teaching and I think that could be a pretty cool idea!

Edited by Jackalgirl

Well, the reason it crossed my mind is I was going to do some geocaching at some of the great places he took us on field trips. Unfortunately, that trip got cancelled and I sat around allweekend brooding. This took my mind off of it. Of course since I'm flat broke it'll probably wind up being a fimo figure of him that's a travel bug.

I had the great fortune to have my life touched by a special teacher who kindled a love of geology in my soul. He was an amazing teacher fully steeped in awesomess, and I'd like to immortalize him (or at least a cartoon version of him) on a geocoin. He's the guy who wrote the Geology IS program that was used nationwide for high school students, and I was lucky enough to get him all to myself. Well, maybe not all to mself I had to share him with other students. Too personal, or does it sound interesting?

I don't know if you have, but You could enter this ina cointest about end of the semester :huh:

I don't know if you have, but You could enter this ina cointest about end of the semester :D

Yeah, except that the end of this semester was 15 years ago :D:):D