Uploading cach sites to my TomTom

family*5

I hit the link that says load to GPS

Are you referring to GSAK? If so, look under export where you would export the files for PDA use. You should be able to export to TomTom. I have tried but never suceeded to make this work. TomTom and caching are not very compatible.

Big Wolf has written an excellent macro for GSAK that creates POI files for the TomTom that display cache icon types and includes child waypoints. All you need is your PQ loaded into GSAK. I've written a simple guide (pdf document) that explains how to do it including searching for the caches on the TomTom. You are welcome to read it. Click here.

Chris (MrB)

Big Wolf has written an excellent macro for GSAK that creates POI files for the TomTom that display cache icon types and includes child waypoints. All you need is your PQ loaded into GSAK. I've written a simple guide (pdf document) that explains how to do it including searching for the caches on the TomTom. You are welcome to read it. Click here.

Chris (MrB)

Thank you very much

Oh man!! I wish that someone could post this pdf again. I have the TomTom 630 Go and have the same problems as above. It seems to be sending it the the L: (or gps) but I can't find it anywhere.

I like the TomTOm better than the Nuvi in the car but maybe I should switch back to the Nuvi???

I export weekly all 1,000 (999) caches to my Tomtom ONEXL that I load into my Garmin Etrex Vista HCx. If you have GSAK it is a simple export. You can also load all the "paperless stuff with a bit of "tweaking" to the Linux platform that the Tomtom is operating on. Many say it is a waste of time (and now that I have found the macro to get all (most) of the same stuff loaded on my Garmin I tend to agree).

Here is a Linky to what I did.

Chris (MrB)

That does sound helpful. I also use a one 3rd and use gsak to load them but did not know there was a macro.