Chat?

trig11

I think it would be a great idea to start a simple chat room for the sight, It would give people a great chance to talk and share ideas more directly. :anitongue: i also want to see what people think of the idea.

Edited by trig11

I think it would be a great idea to start a simple chat room for the sight, It would give people a great chance to talk and share ideas more directly. :rolleyes: i also want to see what people think of the idea.

I think I would rather use GTalk, AIM, Yahoo Messenger, ICQ or something like that.

Hosting a "chat room" can be a huge pain and also a security problem.

I think it would be a great idea to start a simple chat room for the sight, It would give people a great chance to talk and share ideas more directly. :rolleyes: i also want to see what people think of the idea.

There is also a link to a browser-based version of the chatroom on the main page of the forums. Scroll down to "ClayJar's Geocaching Chat".

(On an unrelated note, boy am I glad you forgot to close that font size tag. Size 7 on these forums is huge! :anicute: )

I'd say they're quite in favor of the idea, considering we've had the chat running for 382 weeks straight so far. ;)

Clicking the link from the forum list or going to http://gcchat.clayjar.com/ will pull it right up (via a nice little java applet), or you can use whatever software you'd like. Every Monday night from 8:30-10:00pm Central (US) time is the weekly "official" chat (where there will *always* be people there), but people are there or lurking pretty much all the time.

(And speaking of lurking, let me get back to it. :anicute:)

I'd say they're quite in favor of the idea, considering we've had the chat running for 382 weeks straight so far. ;)

Clicking the link from the forum list or going to http://gcchat.clayjar.com/ will pull it right up (via a nice little java applet), or you can use whatever software you'd like. Every Monday night from 8:30-10:00pm Central (US) time is the weekly "official" chat (where there will *always* be people there), but people are there or lurking pretty much all the time.

hey when i open the window its just a green page and am i suposed to pick a cache size to enter the chat

hey when i open the window its just a green page and am i suposed to pick a cache size to enter the chat

You should end up with a blue screen with a nick name field. fill in the nick name then click the Connect Now! button. If you don't have that, then you may need to update your Java. There's also a trust you have to approve.