Public Thank You's

SgtMikal

I am relatively new to Geocaching, and even newer to geocoins. I absolutely love everything about both activities, but I have to say that I have never known a group of people more generous or thoughtful than te people who post here in these forums.

Aside from the anonymous gifters who simply love to share smiles, without ever expecting or wanting anything in return, there are some other very special people in this group who just want to spread joy and make people happy. There are also those people involved in campaigns for which they have great passion, and spend a great deal of time, effort, and money having coins produced and set free to spread messages. The “Todie’s Wild Ride” campaign is a perfect example of this. Still others like to give of themselves by sharing their talents by way of projects to share with others. DJ J Rock’s Music Mix is an example of this sort of thing.

Being a person of limited means (two small children and a wife going back to school), I don't have the disposable income to buy any of the beautiful coins that I have seen on these forums. However, I just love reading about them, the stories behind them, and participating in some of the cointests. Over the first couple of months, I had a few coins adopted to me and set free to travel, and I even received a couple of unactivated yellow Look Twice coins. I (and my 7-year-old son Jr Mikal #1) were excited to have a coin in our personal collection (aside from the ones that have been released into the wild). When I received a 2nd one as the result of a drawing, I thought that maybe I could keep it as a trader to get another coin for our collection. Little did I know how that would work.

Fast forward a month or two, when I saw a message by a poster who said that she did not have one of these coins, and that she was relegated to trying to win one in a cointest. I sent her an email saying that I had an extra one to see if she would like to work a trade. She responded that actually she had one adopted to her and released into the wild. When I told her that I had an unactivated one that I could send her, her response really caught me off-guard. She made a post in the thread describing our conversation, and then politely saying no thanx because just an hour ago she received one in the mail, but said that she would be sending me something anyway. I was really surprised by this, because I really had nothing to offer in a trade. She also made a comment that she would like for some others to also send a coin our way as a gesture of generosity.

Well, this weekend, I received a package from this poster, and I was floored by the generosity of these people. She and a few others put together a VERY nice package and sent it to us, asking nothing in return. I want to assure these people that their gesture is MUCH appreciated, and will not go unreturned. Opalsns, her brother KD1EJ, Bubba Bass, and River Cacher all sent us some nice coins and other things. (I will try to get some pictures posted soon, both here and in the mailbox thread.) From these people, we received the following: 2009 Cachin’ Crow personal geocoin, 2009 River Cacher personal geocoin, a firetruck geocoin, a Birka geocoin, a camouflage geocaching bracelet, a bison tube cache container, and a few packs of stickers for Jr Mikal #1.

I just wanted to go on record with a hearty THANK YOU! I only wish that I had the means at this time to either repay, or to at least pay it forward. This was such a lovely and unexpected gesture, and I can’t thank you all enough. I am so glad to be a part of this group, and am treasuring the friendships that I am making. I sincerely hope to get to meet a lot of you all at some point.

Best wishes, and God bless. If anyone else would like to share stories of generosity like this, please feel free to keep this thread going.

SgtMikal and Jr Mikal #1

Your kind Thank You is way may then a pay back itself.

I host events all the time and i run on a donation request for food and prizes for this reason.

If you have the money you can donate to help cover the cost of food and prizes and if you are tight on money a Thank You is good enough.

Thank You for such kind words, River Cacher

Fast forward a month or two, when I saw a message by a poster who said that she did not have one of these coins, and that she was relegated to trying to win one in a cointest. I sent her an email saying that I had an extra one to see if she would like to work a trade. She responded that actually she had one adopted to her and released into the wild. When I told her that I had an unactivated one that I could send her, her response really caught me off-guard. She made a post in the thread describing our conversation, and then politely saying no thanx because just an hour ago she received one in the mail, but said that she would be sending me something anyway. I was really surprised by this, because I really had nothing to offer in a trade. She also made a comment that she would like for some others to also send a coin our way as a gesture of generosity.

Well, this weekend, I received a package from this poster, and I was floored by the generosity of these people. She and a few others put together a VERY nice package and sent it to us, asking nothing in return. I want to assure these people that their gesture is MUCH appreciated, and will not go unreturned. Opalsns, her brother KD1EJ, Bubba Bass, and River Cacher all sent us some nice coins and other things. (I will try to get some pictures posted soon, both here and in the mailbox thread.) From these people, we received the following: 2009 Cachin’ Crow personal geocoin, 2009 River Cacher personal geocoin, a firetruck geocoin, a Birka geocoin, a camouflage geocaching bracelet, a bison tube cache container, and a few packs of stickers for Jr Mikal #1.

WOW, thats really generous :anitongue::) It appears to me, that here are some very kind people... :lol::laughing:

A Promise of continued caching with your children is all I need. I'm glad some things are coming your way. You and Kelly did a fantastic job on D.J.J.'s Music mix , I was able to listen up to the first 2 songs, LOL!!

Double check on your address in the Geocachers address list to make sure it is correct. I may need it again, Tee Hee!!!!!

My best to you and yours!!!!!!!!!

Opalsns

A Promise of continued caching with your children is all I need. I'm glad some things are coming your way. You and Kelly did a fantastic job on D.J.J.'s Music mix , I was able to listen up to the first 2 songs, LOL!!

Double check on your address in the Geocachers address list to make sure it is correct. I may need it again, Tee Hee!!!!!

Opalsns

Kelly loves caching. In fact, he is already planning to spend the entire day with me on Father's Day, which this uear is 6 days after his birthday. Jr Mikal #2 (Anthony) is only 10 months old, so although he has gone caching with me already, he doesn't know it.

As for the music mix, we had a lot of fun recording those sound bytes for DJ J Rock, but haven't gotten to listed to the final product yet. Jay said that he would burn one for me and send it, since my internet connection at home isn't the fastest. Iwill probably try to stream a little bit of it at some point with Kelly. Maybe this evening. We'll see how homework goes.

Tahx again for all that you have already done to make my experiences enjoyable!!

Opalsns

Kelly loves caching. In fact, he is already planning to spend the entire day with me on Father's Day, which this uear is 6 days after his birthday. Jr Mikal #2 (Anthony) is only 10 months old, so although he has gone caching with me already, he doesn't know it.

As for the music mix, we had a lot of fun recording those sound bytes for DJ J Rock, but haven't gotten to listed to the final product yet. Jay said that he would burn one for me and send it, since my internet connection at home isn't the fastest. Iwill probably try to stream a little bit of it at some point with Kelly. Maybe this evening. We'll see how homework goes.

Tahx again for all that you have already done to make my experiences enjoyable!!

I will be burning you BOTH CDs and semding them to you!!:anicute:- gonna try some light scribe..:rolleyes:

I would like to thank Shop99er for his generosity in sending me a Spring Fling coin! I had no idea that I would be the recipient of one of these lovely coins. It totally caught me off guard! What a wonderful surprise, a beautiful coin, and a most generous gesture!

Wow...I was surprised again by the generosity of another geocoiner. Just like opalsns and friends did, this person sent Jr Mikal #1 and me a lovely package to start off our geocoin collection. Marit - THANK YOU!!! You overwhelm me! You guys are setting such a wonderful example, and I so look forward to the time when I can make a similar gesture for you all.

Sivota decided to bless our fledgling collection with some European coins. I have not been able to take any individual pictures yet, but here are some group photos.

giftpkgfromSivota1.jpg

giftpkgfromSivota2-private.jpg

Edited by SgtMikal

Congrats SM and Jr.#1,

So happy to see more people helping each other in this community. You

NEVER see this kind of generousity from other forums.!!!!!!!!!

Sivota is always surprising folks and helping folks get coins for other cachers. She ROCKS!!!!!!!!

And amoung the many mystery senders, Is a new sender that has sent me the Investor's set of the Todie's Wild Ride Geocoins. The entire set.

I am amoung the gifted, Again!!!!!!!

THANK YOU So Much!!!!!!!!!

Opalsns

And amoung the many mystery senders, Is a new sender that has sent me the Investor's set of the Todie's Wild Ride Geocoins. The entire set.

I am amoung the gifted, Again!!!!!!!

THANK YOU So Much!!!!!!!!!

Opalsns

You certainly deserve it! Thanx for being who you are!

Merging this with the Public Thank You thread that's already open.

Just wanted to say Thanks Eartha! ;):laughing: (yeah, I know you are thinking 'smart a**!') :)

edit: spelt Eartha wrong (which i know causes volcanoes in some regions :rolleyes: )

Edited by avroair

;) I want to publicly thank fuzziebear3 for gifting me an Oklahoma geocoin. It is very special to me as I am a brand new member of the TAG group and now I have a coin! You are amazing and I will be getting back to you as soon as I can. Tulsagal2go. :D

And a return thank you for the signature charm you sent me!

I would like to thank the 123 participants who has so far released 585 coins for Todie's Wild Ride: Bike Awareness. As my grandson is learning to ride his bicycle, hasn't graduated to the road yet but will eventually, it is nice that these coins are making people more aware. Out of sadness and grief came caring and kindness.

THANK YOU!