Summer caching ideas.

Carbon Hunter

As a newbie to the Gulf region - how do you cache in the summer? Any tips - or perhaps some innovative caches such as a retail therapy type cache with puzzle/multi clues in a shopping centre?

Or do we just all lay low and get a few caches abroad on holiday and wait for Autumn?

i noticed that the cache logs are moving very slow now adays... seems every one is hiding from the sun; shopping centre would be nice or night cache perhaps.

As a newbie to the Gulf region - how do you cache in the summer? Any tips - or perhaps some innovative caches such as a retail therapy type cache with puzzle/multi clues in a shopping centre?

Or do we just all lay low and get a few caches abroad on holiday and wait for Autumn?

i noticed that the cache logs are moving very slow now adays... seems every one is hiding from the sun; shopping centre would be nice or night cache perhaps.

I use the summer months to hide new caches!! Ideas will be welcomed though.

Perhaps we should get together andd plan a few nice indoor (or night) caches?

BTW I like the new geocaching name G-armi-N :lol:

Thanks Carbon Hunter, for some security purpose i need to change my user names, it happened one of my email account was compromised (still lucky coz its only email)... hahaha bad luck for me... then got the idea something that will reflect with my geocaching hobby as well as me..

was trying to google earth some possible locations and spotted some place, however, need to visit the actual locations,

as an idea to share i was thinking of Multiple Cache with some sort of compass offset puzzles in the case of indoor.

Indoor? My GOD Man! :lol:

It was only 47C out in the dunes Monday and 45C at the base of Jebel Hafeet at the new Green Mubazarah Turkiye cache, it was 37 on top. So much cooler than 65C in Bahrain last time I was there. :) It's really not that bad as long as your prepared. The mountains of the eastern Emirates are a little cooler but not much. Maybe we should plan a series of get togethers for the cooler air set folks? Or maybe set something up like an informal club to keep our motivation up.

I'm planning on a couple of caching runs on monday and tuesday as usual. :lol: It's good to be insane and bored with our lovely city. :D:sad:

I have a few ideas for placing new caches, but am not sure yet if they'll be feasable, or if there's a hiding place. Will find out once I get a car and out of town. But if they work out it will be a bit of work for the cacher :D

Edited by terratin

I have a few ideas for placing new caches, but am not sure yet if they'll be feasable, or if there's a hiding place. Will find out once I get a car and out of town. But if they work out it will be a bit of work for the cacher :D

terratin

Please contact me if you need any assistance with transport or anything else related to caching in Qatar. There are a number of cachers who will gladly assist you to place caches - even find them. Please come to the Event tomorrow and you will be able to meet a number of them there.