Geocaching.com Friends - What Does This Do?

obsidianspider

At this time that's all it does. However there are more functions that will be introduced at some point, such as getting an email when your friends log a find.

Gosh, I hope that's not all it will do (and that if does that function I can turn it off). Some of my friend are übercachers with over 10,000 finds. I don't need another 20 or 30 emails everyday telling me they found caches.

Perhaps the single most requested feature to add to friends would be the ability to get a PQ that excluded caches my friends have found. This would allow PQs to be used to plan cache outings with your friends to find caches none of you have found yet.

Perhaps the single most requested feature to add to friends would be the ability to get a PQ that excluded caches my friends have found. This would allow PQs to be used to plan cache outings with your friends to find caches none of you have found yet.

A very good idea!

A very good idea!

I really like that idea. :rolleyes:

At this time that's all it does. However there are more functions that will be introduced at some point, such as getting an email when your friends log a find.

I don't need another 20 or 30 emails everyday telling me they found caches.

Agreed on both points. I don't need to see where and what my friends are logging. Anyone interested in tracking my movements that closely is no friend of mine.

I would love a way of searching (without using 3rd party software) to plan caching trips. "Exclude caches found + exclude caches found by _____"