Would like to have a ammo can!

Hello,I know this a long shot.....but was wondering if anyone in the Nebo,NC or decently close vicinity, would be willing to donate a ammo can or two to me???? :) I have a great idea for a cache but don't have the funds to buy a ammo can!!! This seems to be my new "vise".....I have tons of ideas for cache spots,cache containers etc....but not the $$$$ to get them put together!!! I know all of you guys have paid for your cans but maybe this post will hit the screen of a cacher that is maybe "stepping out of the game" :D Thanks alot for any forthcoming posts on this issue!! ;)

Do you have any friends who are in the military, police force or similar? Even some avid hunters in the family? They may have ammo cans. Also if you look around, you can often get them for cheap at gun shows and army surplus store (my local store sells them for 4-6 dollars).

Do you have any friends who are in the military, police force or similar? Even some avid hunters in the family? They may have ammo cans. Also if you look around, you can often get them for cheap at gun shows and army surplus store (my local store sells them for 4-6 dollars).

Thanks for the reply,...I used to be Army reserve,...I should just make the hall to my old battalion HQ's and see what I can drum up,.....not quite sure what army surplus stores are around for me??? Thanks for "knocking the dust off my brain"!!! ;) I should have thought of these options before :) ....

Ammocans are cheaper than a pack of cigarettes or a bottle of Jim Beam around these parts. Surely you can swing 5 bucks?!?

Hoping to score one for free,....after seeing the prices for ammo cans on Ebay!!! :) I got shocked by the prices so I resorted to throwing up a post for one. If there really that cheap,...I'll get one for you and me both!! ;)

Google is your friend. There are several surplus stores ,in your area.

Thanks to you,....I found a surplus store around 15 mins from me in Morganton!! Will check out tomorrow and see what the damages are for a can and while I'm at it I will do some geocaching!!!

You shouldn't pay more than 4-5 bucks for a .30 cal can and no more than 5-7 bucks for a .50 cal can.

Edited by briansnat

Hello,I know this a long shot.....but was wondering if anyone in the Nebo,NC or decently close vicinity, would be willing to donate a ammo can or two to me???? :anibad: I have a great idea for a cache but don't have the funds to buy a ammo can!!! This seems to be my new "vise".....I have tons of ideas for cache spots,cache containers etc....but not the $$$$ to get them put together!!! I know all of you guys have paid for your cans but maybe this post will hit the screen of a cacher that is maybe "stepping out of the game" :blink: Thanks alot for any forthcoming posts on this issue!! :laughing:

is this like a Joke or something, I'm not dripping with $$$$ but a AMMO can costs about $4.50 here and that's the 50 Cal

Scubasonic

Hello,I know this a long shot.....but was wondering if anyone in the Nebo,NC or decently close vicinity, would be willing to donate a ammo can or two to me???? :) I have a great idea for a cache but don't have the funds to buy a ammo can!!! This seems to be my new "vise".....I have tons of ideas for cache spots,cache containers etc....but not the $$$$ to get them put together!!! I know all of you guys have paid for your cans but maybe this post will hit the screen of a cacher that is maybe "stepping out of the game" :lol: Thanks alot for any forthcoming posts on this issue!! :anitongue:

is this like a Joke or something, I'm not dripping with $$$$ but a AMMO can costs about $4.50 here and that's the 50 Cal

Scubasonic

I got my first Ammo can today at the cost of $8.00......not as bad as I was expecting...thanks to all above with your help...