Can a Gc.com Cache Page/Details be Translated to English?

OK, I am not sure if I am asking this in the correct forum or not, please move it if it should be somewhere else.

I am getting ready to go to Quebec, Canada, and wanting to do some caching while I am there. I have laid out a PQ along the route I will be traveling. My problem is that all the caches I have downloaded are in French. Does anyone know of a good way to translate these before I send them to my Oregon 400?

Thank you

StarBrand,

That site just tries to sell me services.

Knowschad,

Yes, it does a nice job, but when you translate a page it comes up telling me I have to log in to do anything. After I log in it is back in French, and so starts the loop.

I have been trying to use the GSAK Macro HTML Translste.gsk. It is translating it nice with in GSAK, but I cannot get it to send the translated information to my Oregon. I am still trying some test with it trying to get it to work.

Lil Devil,

Thanks, but I do not use Firefox.

Thanks for help everyone, any other ideas? I would think someone has done this before.

Edited by lotochrome
I have been trying to use the GSAK Macro HTML Translste.gsk. It is translating it nice with in GSAK, but I cannot get it to send the translated information to my Oregon. I am still trying some test with it trying to get it to work.

I don't use that GSAK bloatware, but I would think if you just save the results to a new GPX file and upload it to your Oregon you should be golden.

Ok I just got confirmation, that the GSAK macro is for display only and will not send it to the GPSr in English, so I am back to the drawing board, looking for a way to do this.

Lil Devil,

I cannot just export it as a new GPX file because when it is in English, I am not logged in. When I log in it refreshes the page, and it is back in French….endless loop. Does it do it the same way in Firefox with GTranslate?

Knowschad,

Yes, it does a nice job, but when you translate a page it comes up telling me I have to log in to do anything. After I log in it is back in French, and so starts the loop.

Yeow!! Yeah, I see that. In fact, the loop just locked up my browser! I've used in in the past, so I know that it can work. I did have to log in, but didn't get that endless loop!

Yep, I talked to the macro owner. It was not designed to do what I am asking. Yea, I thought about printing, but I was trying to avoid it. I downloaded a lot since I will be traveling with my boss and I am not sure when I will be able to sneak off to make a few grabs…hehe. If I have to print then I will just have to down size the files, and make sure I pick a good spot for a pee break while we drive…do you think he will catch on?

Thanks for everyone’s help; I still have not gave up. I am sure someone know how to do this.

As a computer programmer doing what Lil Devil proposed shouldn't be too difficult. You write a little application to pick up the GPX file strip out the short and long descriptions, send the text to translate Google or similar and paste the text back into the same or a new GPX file.

You could just try to artificialy up the dificulty by searching based only on the coordinance. That would be my approch.

That said, I was looking at some caches in Belgum, and just used google translate to manualy translate them. If you have a phone with internet, you could do this in the field.