Waypoint removal 60Csx

I kind of let a pocket query get away from me and loaded too many caches to my GPSr. Now I'm trying to figure out how to clean some out with out deleting 500 individual caches.

Actually, if there's a way to wipe all caches at once, then I could start with a manageable number.

Thanks, I did try that earlier. I left some stuff out I meant to mention. Mainly, I keep getting a "Waypoint Memory Full" notification when I try to "upload" from Roadtrip.

Also, I'm on a Mac. I'm using the latest versions on the Garmin Mac software, and the new software on the 60Csx.

Hello SD Marc,

"Waypoint Memory Full" notification when I try to "upload"

You've gone over the limit of 1000 waypoints. Without going through every way-point there's no way of telling which way-points have been left out of the second upload. So as you seem to have realised the easiest way forward is to delete all way-points and start again.

Press FIND highlight way-points ENTER MENU highlight delete ENTER you have the choice of deleting all or some categories of way-points by highlighting the item and press ENTER then YES.

Regards

Bernard

Hello SD Marc,

"Waypoint Memory Full" notification when I try to "upload"

You've gone over the limit of 1000 waypoints. Without going through every way-point there's no way of telling which way-points have been left out of the second upload. So as you seem to have realised the easiest way forward is to delete all way-points and start again.

Press FIND highlight way-points ENTER MENU highlight delete ENTER you have the choice of deleting all or some categories of way-points by highlighting the item and press ENTER then YES.

Regards

Bernard

Excellent, I kinda thought that was how that worked, but I didn't want to delete anything if I wasn't sure. Thanks very much. That'll make it a lot easier. From now on I'll be a little more specific in building Pocket Queries.

Hello,

I make use of GSAK including an certain macro which exports my grid in a csv file for each geocache type.

Then I use Poiloader to upload those files to my gpsmap 60csx.

I have over 4000 geocaches in my gps, and even more is possible. Ofcourse, the limit is the memory level of my SD card (2Gb in my case). My device can handle it without performance issues, so you do not have to be limited by the number of 1000 caches.

Regards,

Weedboer