Anybody figured out a way to use Google Streets?

We have been exploring Google streets and the scenery is good enough to make a cache out of some of the spots the Google camera has spotted. Anybody game for making a geocache? Sort of? And what are the ramifications of this? :)

poikää es butterfly

I thought about doing that when I first discovered the Street view but so far it's not available in my area. I thought of using it to find clues in other places around the world that would eventually reveal coordinates for a puzzle cache.

We have been exploring Google streets and the scenery is good enough to make a cache out of some of the spots the Google camera has spotted. Anybody game for making a geocache? Sort of? And what are the ramifications of this? :)

poikää es butterfly

Took about a week before the first cache can out in Oz using Street view.

Will find GC no. and post later.

It also helps solve Multi and Mystery cachers.

Can find out alot of info before you go to an area and solve puzzels.

Eg. At waypoint one there is presdition crossing and it askes how meny white lines are there.

using street view the answer was 11.

We have been exploring Google streets and the scenery is good enough to make a cache out of some of the spots the Google camera has spotted. Anybody game for making a geocache? Sort of? And what are the ramifications of this? ;)

poikää es butterfly

Hey there poikää es butterfly... I've done some of your caches!

I solved a puzzle cache once using Google Streets. The puzzle involved figuring out how to drive from point A to point B in my town, without hitting any stop signs. There is only one way to do it. Rather than drive all the possible routes, I navigated with Google Streets until I had it figured out.

StreetView imagery, like all Google map data (indeed, pretty much all of Google) is subject to change without notice. "Zoom here and drive the direction the pictured dude is pointing" will make no sense when the imagery is unceremoniously update.

So if you're going to build a puzzle around this, try to pick images that are likely to persist and not ones likely to disappear on an imagery refresh.