Is 200 casidered a milestone in INATN?

I use ITATN to put stats on my profile. It tracks milestones. Is 200 one of those milestones?

I'm at 199 now and want to do a cache that I can take a good picture at for a milestone. It's related to my user name. If it is a milestone, I'll be forced to go on a longer, steeper hike Friday than I wanted to.

Edited by SkellyCA

I use ITATN to put stats on my profile. It tracks milestones. Is 200 one of those milestones?

I'm at 199 now and want to do a cache that I can take a good picture at for a milestone. It's related to my user name. If it is a milestone, I'll be forced to go on a longer, steeper hike Friday than I wanted to.

:) I consider any number that hits either a 5, 0, or 100, 200, etc a milestone. Heck - I consider my next cache a milestone. I only have 51 right now so that will change.

I'm sure I will consider 200 a milestone. I hope I have the foresight to plan the cache attempt when I get there.

Good luck - hope your weather is better than what they are calling for here in Kentucky!

I might be wrong, everyone has their own milestone. For some it may be, depending on the time they have available, every 100. The numbers I have seen, from the coins available to purchase, are 100, 250, 500,1000. Hope that you reach each of these and beyond. Happy geocaching.

Personal milestones are, by definition, personal.

INATN will automatically locate and list a few caches that happen to have lots of zeroes in their find order, typically 100, 200, 300, 400, etc.

Other automatic stat generators use different "milestone" caches. Some use every 50 caches, some use a semi-algebraically increasing function (50, 100, 250, 500, 1000, etc.), and I believe some allow you to pick the numbers you want.

You'll be forced to go on a hike? Why can't your 200th cache be a simple park and grab? lol I've never gone after a special cache for a milestone but I know lots of people like to.

Milestones are whatever you want them to be. For some, they count every 1000th cache a milestone, for others who go less frequently, they celebrate every 50 or 100 as a milestone.

It's whatever you want to do. The most important thing is that you're having fun while doing it.

Why can't your 200th cache be a simple park and grab? lol I've never gone after a special cache for a milestone but I know lots of people like to.

Two thoughts:

A while ago a cacher posted a comment from his son. The cacher was not going caching because he wanted a special one for a milestone and that would require a special trip. His son, wise beyond his years, said something like "Dad, if you enjoy caching, why skip finding nearby caches?"

And...

I know of one cacher who discovered that he had forgotten to log a find years earlier. He logged the find on the current date, not the actual find date "because that would mess up his milestones". Of course, the 'milestones" he is celebrating are now of the "1000th logged" variety not the "1000th find".

You'll be forced to go on a hike? Why can't your 200th cache be a simple park and grab? lol I've never gone after a special cache for a milestone but I know lots of people like to.

I love hiking, I had just planned on doing it next week, but I'm going disc golfing tomorrow and will pick up some caches in the area. I put my stats on my profile page and it lists the milestones, sort of like Quick Links. I had my little buddy(as seen in the pic on the cache page) and I wanted to use him in a log somehow. It seemed like a fun thing to do.

I went on a search & rescue mission for the Lost Geocacher to get my 200th cache!

Erm, did you by any chance log Ancient Apples as 200 and Lost Geocacher as 201?

Nope! I went up the hill and grabbed Losr Geocacher first, then came down and grabbed Ancient Apples! I was very careful of that! You park in the same place. I even saved my track log as proof! ;)

Nope! I went up the hill and grabbed Losr Geocacher first, then came down and grabbed Ancient Apples! I was very careful of that! You park in the same place. I even saved my track log as proof! ;)

Well, I learned another bit of useless trivia - that in the public profile page for geocaches found list caches found on the same day in "normal" order (the ones found earlier will be higher up, different from how the day of find is ordered) but your personal profile page list them in "reverse" order (the most recent find at the top, consistent with how the day is ordered in the page).

In case that is as clear as mud...

On your public profile page, they are listed as 201, 200, 197, 198, 199, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196... because 192-196 are found in one day, 197-199 in another, and 200-201 in yet another.

On your profile page (the one you get to if you click on your name on upper right) they're listed as 201, 200, 199, 198, 197, 196 and so on.

It'll be nice if Groundspeak is consistent about such UI issues. Anyway, minor off topic rambling.

Congratulations on hitting 200 :)