Finally a Verizon phone with unlocked Gps.

Well for us Verizon folks we finally a phone that we can run programs like cacheberry blackstar and of course geocache navigator. I Gabr tried many of their phones and smart phones including the curve and all to no avail. Finally we have the new blackberry storm. Although it takes a bit to get use to it has an unlocked GPS. When you go on trimbles web site to get geocache navigator it states that it pa not compatible with Verizon but I have ran all thee and they work great.

In case you are wondering about the lack of comment this is kind of old news. The Storm (I got one the first day) has been discussed quite a bit. I agree the keyboard leaves something to be desired but there are rumors about a sliding keyboard in an updated version later this year and there is hope (but no leaked information) that they will add WiFi which is seen as a definate mistake by Verizon.

I assume you are having problems with short battery life and slow operation. Many people have updated to the leaked versions of the OS which can be located by a google search or go to crackberry.

In case you are wondering about the lack of comment this is kind of old news. The Storm (I got one the first day) has been discussed quite a bit. I agree the keyboard leaves something to be desired but there are rumors about a sliding keyboard in an updated version later this year and there is hope (but no leaked information) that they will add WiFi which is seen as a definate mistake by Verizon.

I assume you are having problems with short battery life and slow operation. Many people have updated to the leaked versions of the OS which can be located by a google search or go to crackberry.

I did not post this because it was new news but because of the new verizon update that is coming out and I dont want then ( Verizon) to get any ideas to lock it in the new version. The blackberry curve running 4.3 was able to run blaskstar and ect but then with the release of 4.5 it no longer was able to. So I just want to keep it on everyones mind so they dont get away with it. Also Verizon plans on releasing a new blackberry on the 13th of July (speculation 9630) on I want to keep the pressure on them not to go back to their old ways.