Marriage Proposals Caching Style!

I've heard of couples using caching as a way to propose, such as a guy hiding a special cache and have his girlfriend find it with a ring inside. Have any of ya'll out there heard of any stories like this?

P.S. I'm NOT looking for ideas! I don't even have a girlfriend ~ yet!!! :blink::):)

Wouldn't that be a bad time to get a cache muggled.... :P

I created a multi cache for my fiance to find. Each stage had a clue about marriage and families, or was a place that meant something to us. The final was at the location for our first date. I had set the whole thing up previously and had been tempted by leaving the ring in the cache. But there could always be that one in a million chance that it would go missing! So I just kept it in my pocket and I still almost lost it while driving without the doors in our jeep!

Anyway, she finds the cache and is just dumbfounded! It was the best experience and one we loved to share. 100% original to us at the time.

I just proposed last week via my now fiances 1st geocache experience. I just started caching a couple months ago, she didnt see the point since there was "no prize". On 5/15/09 I asked her to try it to see if she liked it. I faked a spot and took her out in the woods searching for a FTF prize. Well she was very happy to say the least. Now she isn't sure she wants to go again since it will be hard to beat the diamond ring. LOL.

Pic of ring

Pic not at the location, there isnt grass in the woods.

Edited by RedTeflon

I proposed via geocaching about 5 years ago. I manipulated the html from a page on the website and changed the coordinates to my hiding spot. Had my friend go ahead of time and hide the the cache. Then he hid in the bushes and waited for us to come. He even videotaped the whole thing.

My husband and I are going on a caching spree for our 5 year wedding anniversary. He asked me what I wanted to do for our five year, we really can't afford to do much so instead of going to an expensive restaurant, I told him I would rather go on a 24 hour caching spree, I' m sure it won't be 24 hour, but I have it all planned out to go to where we met, Indiana University. There are a bunch of caches in Bloomington and I figured there couldn't be a better town to do some night caches, so I figured it would be a romantic to walk around campus reliving the college days and caching at the same time.

Edited by Col. Flagg